Gangnam Style Eating at Seven Corners! MUST TRY Their Beef Bulgogi and Bibimbap!
When in Manila and craving for really great Korean Food, we highly recommend you try the exquisite Korean dishes prepared by the finest Korean chefs from InterContinental Hotel Seoul that’s currently showcasing Gangnam dishes at Crowne Plaza Manila’s 7 Corners Buffet Restaurant!
Frank and I missed the Crowne Plaza Manila vibe yesterday, so we decided to go there for our weekly food trip!
Years ago, Frank and I used to teach English to Koreans, so Korean food isn’t really alien to us. Because of the influence of my students, I learned to appreciate Korean food and even got to learn some easy dishes.
Despite the many Korean restaurants around the metro, we never really thought about featuring any of them since we weren’t sure if they were good enough. Also, like most of us, Frank is not really a fan of kimchi so we tried to stay away from this cuisine until I heard that Crowne Plaza Manila invited award winning Korean Chefs from InterContinental Hotel Seoul to cook classic well-loved Korean dishes for the public to enjoy!
I was very confident to invite Frank of course! I thought this would be a great opportunity to re-introduce Korean food to him so he’ll realize that Korean food isn’t all about just Kimchi!
From January 3-19, 2014, Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria in partnership with Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, InterContinental Seoul COEX, Korean Cultural Center and Korea Agro Fisheries and Food Trade Corporation along with 4 award winning chefs and a mixologist, will bring their culinary expertise here in Manila for people to discover and enjoy the flavors of Seoul Korea’s famous Gangnam district!
When I heard about these chefs, I was so sure we were gonna experience the best! Korean food is definitely NOT just about kimchi! Here’s proof !!!
Here are the MUST TRY dishes if you wish to be properly introduced to Korean food:
1. JAPCHAE/CHAPCHAE (Sauteed Stir fried sweet potato noodles with beef and vegetables)
-this is one of my favorites actually and I’m glad Frank liked it a lot as well. Korea’s version of the “pancit.” It’s actually quite sweet and flavorful with loads of veggies, mushrooms and tender beef! One of the best versions I’ve tasted so far!
2. Beef Bulgogi
– This one’s a winner! THE BEST MOST TENDER Bulgogi I’ve tasted! Hands down!
3. Bibimbap – another MUST try Korean signature dish! It’s basically rice that is mixed with everything nice! Meats, lots of veggies, chili pepper paste (sweet spicy) and egg! Mix them all together and enjoy a tummy fiesta!
4. Kimchi Jeon and Fish Jeon – I was actually hoping I’d see PaJeon or green onion pancakes as well. Jeon is Korean for “pancake.” I noticed Koreans love pan frying and making various ingredients into pancakes. Unlike the usual breakfast pancakes, these aren’t fluffy and sweet, but can be compared to our “ukoy” I think. I love eating these with their Ramyun noodles! Best consumed while hot!
5. Tteok or Rice cakes – Korea I think has more than a hundred varieties of rice cakes but unlike our traditional Filipino sweets, theirs seem to taste less sweet. They use a lot of glutenous rice and mungbeans/red beans then form them into various shapes, colors and sizes! We suggest you try all of them!
We highly recommend you try these dishes soon as this will only be available until January 19, 2014! These delectable Korean dishes are included in 7 Corners’ daily lunch and dinner buffets so you can also get to enjoy other cuisines when you dine!
Here are the prices:
Lunch buffet Mon- Sat 1400++/ Sun 1700++
Dinner buffet 1600++ from Sun – Thursday and 1700++ from Fri – Sat
Ortigas Avenue corner Asian Development Bank Avenue, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
+63 2 6337222 , Toll Free: 1800 1888 0188
To know more about our adventures and misadventures, visit us on EATS A DATE!
To read more of our WHEN IN MANILA adventures, click HERE
Check out Henry’s Camera & Photo Supply for all your photography needs!
To further enjoy life to the fullest, it pays to have a healthy body and mind!
Practicing yoga has truly helped me in achieving balance. Truly life changing! I encourage you to visit BEYOND YOGA today!