You can now have a taste of the happiest place in the world at home as Disney shares the recipes of their famous theme park snacks. On the Disney Parks blog, they have shared recipes of the snacks, and here’s how you can make them at home.
(Note: These recipes are the same ones found on the Disney Parks Blog. Credits go to Alex Dunlap, Disney’s Food & Beverage Communications Coordinator)
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Using caution, heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Double Gloucester or cheddar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich
- 8 slices of artisan bread
- 8 cheddar cheese slices
- 8 provolone slices
For Cream Cheese Spread:
- Combine cream cheese, Double Gloucester or cheddar, heavy cream, and salt in food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
For Garlic Spread:
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic, and salt in small bowl and stir until blended. Set aside.
For Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich:
- Lay out artisan bread slices on parchment paper or large cutting board.
- Place 2 slices of cheddar on 4 of the bread slices. Place 2 slices of provolone on remaining bread slices.
- Equally spoon cream cheese spread on slices with provolone. Gently smooth cream cheese spread over each slice.
- Press cheddar side and provolone side together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot.
- Brush both sides of the sandwiches with garlic spread.
- Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- 8 thick slices day-old challah bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-fat chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate syrup and powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9x13x2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Slice bananas into 1/2-inch slices, and add to bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Combine peanut butter, eggs, chocolate milk, cinnamon, and salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture. Stir gently until bread cubes have absorbed egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar, shortening, salt, heavy cream, egg, flour and boiling water in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture. With the dough hook attachment of an electric mixer on medium speed, mix the dough just until combined and smooth. Let dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll to 1/4-inch thickness and cut individual beignets with a Mickey Mouse-shaped cutter or cut into 2 1/2 to 3-inch squares. Cover with a towel and let dough rise until doubled in size in a warm, draft-free area, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Using caution, heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350°F in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Fry beignets until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on one side. Remove with tongs and place on paper towels to drain. Dust warm beignets with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Disney theme parks around the world have closed down due to the coronavirus pandemic. In a statement last March, they said, “As a result of this unprecedented pandemic and in line with directions provided by health experts and government officials, Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort will remain closed until further notice.”
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad!