From supposedly banning all street parties to a presidential candidate getting the “Say Boo” treatment, it’s fair to say that this year’s Sinulog Festival definitely created more buzz. Yet despite these unprecedented issues, the Queen City of the South stayed true to its promise of a historical, cultural, and religious event filled with meaning and fun.
To prove that one of the biggest Philippine festival has not lost its luster, here are 20 photos from the recently concluded Sinulog that will make you want to participate in this celebration next year:
20 Photos from Cebu’s Sinulog 2016 That Will Make You Want to Join In Next Year
20. This huge crowd during the Reenactment of the Baptism of Rajah Humabon and Queen Juana at the Basilica Minore del Sto. Niño
19. This devotee with her own image of the Child Jesus intently watching the “Reenactment”
18. “Rajah Humabon” and “Queen Juana” together with “tribesmen” carrying the image of Sto. Niño to the altar
17. This traditional Sinulog performance of the members of the Cofradia del Sto. Niño de Cebu
16. Another traditional Sinulog dance performed by the famed Sandiego Dance Company
15. This sea of 2 Million people along Osmeña Boulevard during the solemn foot procession
14. This adorable little Niño joining in on the solemn procession
13. This boy not minding the crowd during the solemn procession
12. This lady, one of the millions of devotees of the Child Jesus
11. This elderly man providing entertainment to bystanders waiting for the foot procession
See the rest of the photos on the next page!
Pages: 1 2