The Victoria Municipal Police Station posted on Wednesday on their official Facebook Page giving tips to netizens on how to avoid rape cases in the Philippines. Even though we have heard plenty of “advice” from the authorities, this public service announcement is what everyone needs to hear.
In the caption, they wrote how members of the family play a role in raising their children so that they will not commit a crime. It says, “Rape is not a mistake; it’s a CRIME. Teach your children to respect everyone.”
The rest of their message is stated clearly in the embedded photo below.
Rape is not a mistake; it’s a CRIME.Teach your children to respect…
- DO NOT RAPE. AGREEING TO MEET WITH YOU DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN RAPE THEM.
- DO NOT RAPE. Wearing shorts does not mean you can disrespect them.
- DO NOT RAPE. Walking alone does not mean you can sexually assault them.
- DO NOT RAPE. Being drunk does not mean you can touch them inappropriately.
- DO NOT RAPE. Leaving their drink to you does not mean you can drug them. Dating you does not mean you are allowed to rape them. Going out with you does not mean you can rape them.
- DO NOT RAPE. YOU DO NOT HAVE RIGHTS TO ANYONE ELSE’S BODY, YOU NEED TO ASK FOR PERMISSION EVEN TO YOUR SPOUSE. WHEN THEY DISAGREE, LEARN TO ACCEPT THAT. GETTING TURNED DOWN DOES NOT MAKE YOU LESS OF A PERSON.
- DO NOT RAPE. We, the policemen, will arrest you.
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at email@example.com or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad. Join our Viber group to be updated with the latest news!