I still couldn’t get over my epic solo Boracay trip last week! I loved staying at Boracay Tropics and my flight via AirAsia was surprisingly one of the most hassle free flights I’ve experienced for the plane departed on time and arrived even 17 mins early to Kalibo.
It’s actually my 1st time to try going to Boracay via AirAsia, so I’d like to share with you this step by step guide so you’d also know what to do. Going to Boracay from Kalibo airport is way more affordable as compared with going to Caticlan so when I saw that AirAsia was offering super low air fare rates, I just had to give in! I got my tickets for only less than P1500/one way and I even heard they could go lower than that when they have promos so be sure to also check their site for super low fares!
Anyways, here’s the step by step guide:
1. For hassle-free airport check-in, go to any AirAsia Web Check-in terminal. It looks like an atm machine and all you have to do is enter your booking number, follow the instructions, then get your boarding pass immediately! This is ideal if you don’t have any check-in baggages!
From Manila to Kalibo only takes less than an hour (45mins max)!
Have you ever wondered how Metro Manila looked from above?
the view going to Kalibo
2. While aboard the plane, the flight attendants will go around and offer you with all-in bus and boat transfer tickets for only P520/one way by Southwest. Best if you buy 2 sets, so you won’t have to worry about your return trip.
It includes: Bus transfers from Kalibo airport to Caticlan Jetty Port, Environmental fees, Boat Fares from Caticlan to Boracay Island and transfer service from Boracay port to your chosen hotel. Truly HASSLE-FREE!!
I recommend you buy 2 sets (round trip) so prepare P1040 (P520/one way)
3. Upon arriving to Kalibo airport, get your bags, then simply exit the airport and look for the Southwest booth. (It’s located on the left)
Just approach that lady holding the AirAsia sign!
4 .Present your tickets so they can have you registered and prepare your boarding pass…
The staff will give you very clear instructions so be sure to listen. They will then give you your boarding pass and will direct you to your bus! Be sure to get in the right bus!
They will also provide you with sticker like this so the driver will know in what hotel you’ll be dropped off
the bus trip takes around 2 hours to get to the Caticlan Jetty Port
5. Once you arrive at the jetty port, the Southwest staff will assist you on where to proceed.
Simply go to the reception and register so they can process your boat pass…
Then you’re all set!!
You’ll be riding this very safe ferry boat going to Boracay island. It will only take 15 mins to get there.
inside the ferry boat
6. Upon arriving to Boracay island, approach any Southwest staff so you’d know which service you’ll be riding.
After only less than 10 mins, I already arrived in my hotel, Boracay Tropics! Yey!!
Yey!! Vacation officially starts NOW!!
All in all, I had a pretty smooth and pleasurable ride. Took me only less than half a day to reach my hotel. I wasn’t stressed at all and felt very safe! Even my return trip was hassle free. The Southwest staff will pick you up at your hotel on the day of your return. They were never late and very professional in handling tourists. I’m definitely a satisfied customer! I would definitely do this again!
Visit AirAsia.com to get really good air fare deals
If you also would like to stay at Boracay Tropics, here are the details:
Station 2, Bo. Manggayad, Boracay Island Malay Aklan, Philippines
Tel: (036) 288.4034; Telefax: (036) 288.3700
F: (036) 288.3700
Like them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Best-Western-Boracay-Tropics/138612698021?fref=ts