Here’s a short list of our Must Try Filipino Foods!
Top Filipino Food to Try When In Manila Philippines
1. Adobo – Probably the most populat Filipino Dish. It is a chicken or pork stew.
2. Dirty Ice Cream – It’s not dirty, but we just call it that. Street Ice Cream FTW
3. Chicken Isaw – Isaw is the Filipino word for “intestines” and Chicken is the Filipino word for “YUMMY”
4. Crispy Pata – Crispy Pork. So crispy that they named it “Crispy Pata”
5. Pancit Palabok – Let’s just say it’s the local Filipino version of pasta
6. Kare-Kare – A stew made of Peanut Butter. Yes, PEANUT BUTTER stew.
7. Halo-Halo – This literally translates to “mix-mix.” It’s a mix of different kinds of sweets and tasty stuff that seemingly melt together into one amazing dessert.
8. Sisig – Pork…. well…. stuff…..
9. Chicken Inasal – Local grilled chicken with the special ingredient to make it Inasal
10. Balut – Duck Egg
11. Bulalo – Beef soup with bone marrow… I swear these all taste better than they sound.
12. Crispy Lechon – National dish of the Philippines! Lechon is a local pork dish.
Anyway, do tell us which of these you do get to try if you ever visit the Philippines. Again, I reiterate that they all taste better than they sound.
Top Filipino Foods to Try When In Manila Philippines: Best Must Try Local Dishes