Labang Pangkalusugan, a youth-led organization, has seen the effects of the pandemic on the Lumad Bakwit schools in terms of health and education and has decided to take action to help those who have been affected by COVID-19. With their vision of empowering the youth to help bridge the inequality in the Philippine healthcare system, they aim to provide digestible information about the virus and helping out directly, as well.
Through their #KitaForKits2 initiative, they want to provide educational kits comprising of webcams, laptops, speakers, monitors, HDMI cords, and extension cords, as well as face masks to their partner communities (the Lumad Bakwit schools in QC, Cebu, and Davao). They’ll also be doing an IGTV campaign that will feature members of the Lumad community talking about their lives as students and teachers. You can check out more information on their current situation here.
We’d like to thank everyone who supported the first phase of #kitaforkits as we were able to raise funds for over 100…
If you’re interested in helping raise funds, here’s how you can help:
- The sale of remaining plain face masks (P60/pc)
- The sale of face masks decorated by local artists (P250/pc)
- The auction of art prints made by local artists with a pandemic-related theme
- The collection of monetary donations
- The collection of in-kind donations, with gadgets that match the specifications provided by the Lumad Bakwit Schools
- The collection of a portion of proceeds from various local business partners
- The collection of donations from partner organizations and companies
* For every decorated face mask sold, one will also be donated to the Lumad center
For more information, please check out their social media:
Facebook: Labang Pangkalusugan
Contact Number: 09189634317