It looks like the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) got to boxing champ Manny Pacquiao. After battling a tax case worth P2.2 billion, Manny is now the Philippines’s top taxpayer, according to the BIR.
The list, which was finished in November 2014, lists down the country’s top individual taxpayers for 2013. In that year alone, he paid P163.84 million in regular income tax.
He was followed by Juanito Pornuevo Alcantara, who paid P99.61 million in taxes.
Other celebrities joining Pacquiao are Piolo Pascual, who ranked 14th on the list with an income tax payment of P42.53 million. John Lloyd Cruz was ranked 15th with P41.97 million, while Kris Aquino, who was the top taxpayer in 2011, was 16th with an income tax payment of P40.48 million. Other celebrities who made it to the top of the list are:
- 19th: Sharon Cuneta-Pangilinan paid P39 million
- 20th: Willie Revillame paid P38.3 million
- 36th: Anne Curtis-Smith paid P28.23 million
- 44th: Judy Ann Santos paid P24.32 million
- 52th: Coco Martin paid P22.49 million
- 53th: Vic Sotto paid P22.4 million
- 99th: Sarah Gerononimo paid P16.12 million
- 101st: Dingdong Dantes paid P15.7 million
What do you think: Share your thoughts below!