ABS-CBN has also ordered a temporary suspension of admission of studio audiences to its many shows starting March 10, Tuesday, to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
View this post on Instagram
“ABS-CBN has decided to temporarily stop admitting studio audience to its shows starting today (10 March 2020), following the government’s declaration of a state of public health emergency,” they said in a statement.
These shows include It’s Showtime!, ASAP Natin ‘To, Magandang Buhay, Banana Sundae, and I Can See Your Voice.
“The safety and well-being of our studio audience, artists, crew, and production teams are of utmost importance to us and we are taking this option for their protection. We feel that it is our shared responsibility to help in preventing the spread of the COVID-19,” the network added.
It was not specified how long the suspension will last.
Yesterday, GMA Network’s noontime show Eat Bulaga! also announced a temporary suspension on the admission of their live studio audience.
So far, 24 recorded cases in the Philippines have been revealed. President Duterte has already declared a state of public health emergency.
(ALSO READ: Duterte says no to Metro Manila lockdown amid increasing coronavirus cases in PH)
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at email@example.com or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad! Get the latest news about the Philippine Entertainment industry and join the WIM Showbiz Facebook group!