One of my favorite things that came from the 90s are the cartoons. I was born in 1995 and since most of these cartoons were aired a bit later in the Philippines, I still remember watching all of them. However, I am just realizing now how these shows were more than just cartoons to occupy our young selves’ attention for a few hours. As a child, we had no idea these lines said by these characters would eventually be relevant to our lives in the future.
So here are 10 quotes from the 90s cartoons that got a little too real as life progressed.
10. When Arnold’s bestfriend Gerald hit us with the hard reality of life.
9. When Buttercup exposed the simple truth about cleaning.
8. Well, Slappy was described as “grumpy, bitter, cranky, and elderly” so yeah, that’s just typical advice from her.
7. When Angelica warned us what “adult life” is all about.
6. When Doug reminded us not to overthink all the time.
5. Daria had so many “quotable quotes” that it was hard to choose just one. So obviously I settled with something that has“pizza” in it.
4. When Blossom gave us the most important advice of our childhood.
3. When Ginger’s mom, Lois reminded us that “nobody’s perfect” way before Hannah Montana did.
2. When Tommy spoke the true-st of all truths.
1. When you thought this quote came from Confucius or Buddha or other great philosophers, but no it came from Mewtwo.
I know Spongebob Squarepants isn’t exactly 90s, so I just added this Squidward quote as bonus because #walangforever
What was your favorite?
Do you still remember any quotes from your favorite childhood cartoons?
Nostalgia hitting you fast? Check out this list of 90s cartoons we wish would come back![fb_instant_article_ad_01]?