Rally behind our Gilas Pilipinas Men’s National Team right at the palm of your hands for this week’s leg of the 2021 FIBA Asia Qualifiers! Gilas debuts its 2021 lineup against familiar archrival South Korea tomorrow (June 16, 2021) at 6PM.
The Philippine team will also face Indonesia on June 18 at 6PM before it wraps up its FIBA Asia assignment for this window versus South Korea again on June 20 at 3PM. Here’s the full schedule of the FIBA Asia Qualifiers, which you can stream via gigafest.smart:
- June 16 – Japan vs China (2:30PM) and Philippines vs South Korea (6PM)
- June 17 – South Korea vs Indonesia (2:30PM) and Chinese Taipei vs China (6PM)
- June 18 – Japan vs Chinese Taipei (2:30PM) and Philippines vs Indonesia (6PM)
- June 19 – China vs Japan (2:30PM) and Thailand vs South Korea (6PM);
- June 20 – Indonesia vs Thailand (11:30PM), Philippines vs South Korea (3PM), and China vs Chinese Taipei (6:30PM).
- Venue for the games will be the Clark Bubble in Pampanga.
The Philippines currently leads Group A with a 3-0 record followed by Korea with 2-0, while Indonesia and Thailand are tied with 1-2 records each. Only two teams from each group will advance to the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup set in August to be hosted by Indonesia.
No matter where you are, you can catch the games live and on-demand on your Smart-powered device. If you are a Smart Prepaid subscriber, simply turn on your mobile data and visit gigafest.smart on your browser to watch the show.
Got an interesting story you’d like us to feature? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a direct message at When in Manila Angeline on Facebook. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad! Join our WhenInManila.com community on Viber, as well!