Do you have what it takes?
If you think you fit any of the roles for the film, based on the book hit “Crazy Rich Asians” by Kevin Kwan, apply for it.
The upcoming film’s director Jon Chu posted a video online in search for Asian talents all over the world. He said that even if you are in Thailand, the Philippines, the US, or in any part of the world, you can submit your entry.
However, he emphasized that this is not a contest. There is no prize but chosen talents can get a job. And who knows, you might be the next Asian superstar!
- Tell us your first name, the country you live in, and show us a unique talent (juggling, singing, dancing, etc). Then perform one of the four scenes posted below. Please do not disclose any other personal information about yourself in the video, and make sure your story is appropriate for the general public. No swearing, nudity or obscene material, and you should not include music in your submission unless you write and perform the work.
- Your video should be shorter than 2 minutes
- Submit between January 19 and February 10 2017 to be considered
- You must be 18 or older
- Share your video on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube with the hashtag #CrazyRichAsianscasting. Make sure your privacy settings allow public viewing of the video, so we can find it
- Casting is focusing on people who can play Chinese-Singaporean or Asian
- Your video must be in the English language
- Let your personality shine through. Have fun! You don’t have to be a professional actor
Filming starts in April 2017.
Deadline of submission for this is February 10.
For more info, visit http://www.crazyrichasiansmovie.net/.
Are you the next Asian Hollywood superstar?