Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto is definitely on the right path as many Pasig citizens are pleased with his performance as Mayor. Recently, he got international recognition as the U.S. State Department recognized him as part of the 12 Anti-Corruption Champions.
According to U.S. Secretary Antony Blinken, the anti-corruption champions are those who worked tirelessly to fight corruption even in the face of adversity. “To defend transparency, combat corruption, and ensure accountability in their own countries”, he said. “Corruption threatens security and stability, hinders economic growth, undermines democracy and human rights, destroys trust in public institution”, he added.
Here is the list of 12 Anti-Corruption Champions:
- Ardian Dvorani of Albania
- Diana Salazar of Ecuador
- Sophia Pretrick of the Federated States of Micronesia
- Juan Francisco Sandoval Alfaro of Guatemala
- Ibrahima Kalil Gueye of Guinea
- Anjali Bhardwaj of India
- Dhuha A. Mohammed of Iraq
- Bolot Temirov of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Vico Sotto of the Philippines
- Mustafa Abdullah Sanalla of Libya
- Francis Ben Kaifala of Sierra Leone
- Ruslan Ryaboshapka of Ukraine