Sam Tsui and Kurt Hugo Schneider Live in Manila
From humble beginnings to reaching YouTube super stardom, Sam Tsui and Kurt Hugo Schneider have really achieved so much with their successful collaborative covers and mash-ups. It is no wonder why they have inspired millions of people around the globe what with Sam’s distinctive singing voice and Kurt’s awesome musical arrangements. Their cover of Just a Dream by Nelly garnered a whopping 80+ million views and that’s not all: they’ve also done covers of hits by Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, Zedd and Adele to name a few.
Just a Dream cover
A medley as a tribute to the late king of pop, Michael Jackson.
Get ready, Philippines, as these two iconic YouTube sensations will be performing live to us for a back-to-back concert at the SMX Convention Center on June 25 and 26. For the first time, we’ll be able to hear Sam Tsui and Kurt Hugo Schneider live as they get ready to serenade and perform for us here in Manila with a special performance courtesy of singer/actress, Rita De Guzman.
For all you screaming girls and super die-hard fans out there, now is your chance to catch Sam and Kurt live. Here are 5 reasons why you should:
Sam Tsui and Kurt Hugo Schneider Press Conference
Two days before the actual concert, a press conference was held at the Solaire Eclipse Lounge where notable press groups excitedly waited for the arrival of Sam Tsui and Kurt Hugo Schneider.
Before the press launch, Rita De Guzman gave us a sample of her singing as she will also be performing at the concert. Her rendition of All of Me by John Legend made me fall in love with her at first sound <3
A few minutes after that came the moment we had all been waiting for: Sam and Kurt arriving at the press launch!! As embarrassing as it sounds, seeing them made me want to jump for joy (since it’s my first time to see an international artist live and up-close).
As the press conference started, Sam and Kurt were delighted to answer a few questions from the press. Here’s how it went:
1. First impressions on the Philippines
- Like a lot of international artists, they were excited to discover what the Philippines has to offer: the food, the people, the places – they want a taste of what Filipino culture is all about Sam even told that he wanted to try balut, even though it was a little scary when he searched it online. On first impressions on the Philippines, Kurt Said: “It’s awesome! I mean, we’ve wanted to come here for so long. We want to eat Filipino food and experience all the Filipino places…”
2. About their Manila concerts
- On the 25th and 26th, they’ll be performing some of their greatest covers as seen on their YouTube channels, as well as mash-ups, medleys and original songs from Sam’s album “Make It Up”.
3. Standing out amongst other YouTube musicians
- They try to stay as fresh and innovative as possible since ether are so many awesome artists on YouTube now. Because of this, they try to do something creative and interesting every time, so that viewers will continue watching them.
4. Other hobbies
- Sam loves to paint and has been doing so since he was in high school. He even said that if you check out his apartment, tons of his paintings are on display. On stressful days, he just whips out a canvass and paints landscapes and other things. For Kurt, he’s really into games, may it be chess or computer games.
5. What the public should know
- What the public sees on their videos? That’s them – pure and simple. At the end of the day, they’re just kids who love to make music. They’re also just two very normal people who just happen to make music that people enjoy.
6. Their expectations on success
- It was an ultimate surprise for them to reach this kind of stardom. At first, they had dreams of being as big as where they are now but it wasn’t their intention when they first put up videos.
7. Tips on how to become as successful as them
- For all aspiring musicians who want to be the next YouTube sensations, Sam gives advice that you should always have consistency when it comes to your videos and not just put all of the weight behind one video. They’ve experienced having videos become so popular and viral, and if they didn’t upload another video that delivered the same quality as the last, they’ve wouldn’t have a strong fan base today. You want the viewers subscribing to your channel and patiently waiting for your next upload.
Before the press conference ended, The duo gave a special inpromptu performance singing one of their originals from Sam’s album that just wowed me and everyone else that was there. 😀
If you don’t have any tickets yet, better get them now. See you all at the concert! 🙂
Sam Tsui and Kurt Hugo Schneider Live in Manila
SMX Convention Center, Pasay City
June 25 and 26, 2014