- As a continuing effort to promote sustainable and inclusive tourism consistent with the National Tourism Development (NTDP) 2017-2022, the ASEAN Tourism Strategic Plan 2016-2025 and the Observance of 2017: International Year of Sustainable tourism for Development.
Here are the following Modules/topics to be discussed at the event.
The speakers will be coming from the Department of Tourism itself.
MODULE 1 – Philippine Tourism Industry Overview
- A briefer on the developments in the Philippine Tourism industry, increase in tourist arrivals, market growth, impacts to the economy, current programs and recognitions.
MODULE 2 – ASEAN Tourism Cooperation
- A discussion on the ASEAN Economic Community and ASEAN Tourism Cooperation with the highlights of the ASEAN Tourism Strategic Plan (ATSP) 2016-2025
MODULE 2.2 – ASEAN Tourism Standards and MRA
- A briefer on Tourism Standards in the ASEAN, its background and development, as well as presentation of best practices in the Tourism Industry and the implementation of the ASEAN Mutual Recognition Arrangement(MRA) on Tourism Professional.
MODULE 3.1 – United Nations World Tourism Organization
- Discussions on the Tourism Cooperation with the UNWTO and highlights on the UNWTO Global Code of Ethics, its implications and application to the Philippine Tourism setting.
Module 3.2 – International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development
- Background on tourism impacts in line with the celebration of 2017 as the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development, its objectives and program.
Module 4 – Gender and Development in the Tourism Industry
- A discussion on gender and development, equal opportunities and the sensitive yet promising nature of the Tourism Industry in terms of gender-related issues.