And the FREE membership lasts a lifetime.
We flew to Malaysia to witness the unveiling of AirAsia’s new and improved Freedom Flyer Program. Now, it is a whole lot easier and faster to earn FREE travel for loyal guests.
The revamped loyalty program, powered by AirAsia BIG Loyalty, is now based on a unique membership status system that is set based on how frequent guests fly. Hence, the more you fly with AirAsia, the quicker it will be for you to earn BIG Points, regardless of how much you have spent on fares.
The four-tier system begins with Red status for guests who fly 13 or fewer one-way short-haul flights in the preceding 12 months, through to Gold and Platinum, and all the way up to Black for those who fly 50 or more times with AirAsia.
Long-haul and fly-through flights count as two one-way short haul flights for status calculation purposes, making it doubly rewarding to travel with AirAsia X.
Here are the 8 most important improvements of AirAsia’s Freedom Flyer Program
1. Free membership for life
2. A unique and truly rewarding ecosystem of BIG Points that can be earned and redeemed at selected partners served by AirAsia such as Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, India, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, and more.
3. BIG Points awarded DO NOT EXPIRE unless a member has no activity for a continuous period of 36 months.
4. BIG Points can be used to redeem all flights on AirAsia for a minimum of 500 BIG Points.
5. Different seats are available for redemption to fit different travel needs.
– Final Call Sale – Selected seats for travel in the next 60 days are priced at up to 90% discount from prevailing market fares during this monthly promotion. The best offers on Final Call Sale starts at 500 BIG Points for a one-way seat.
– BIG Fixed Points – Selected seats for travel up to the next 365 days is available for redemption at blocks of BIG Points based on flight hours, representing up to 70% discount from prevailing market fares. The Fixed Point redemption is as follows:
4,500 BIG Points – one-way seat for flights up to 1 hour
6,500 BIG Points – one-way seat for flights up to 2 hours
10,500 BIG Points – one-way seat for flights up to 3 hours
16,500 BIG Points – one-way seat for flights up to 4 hours
20,500 BIG Points – one-way seat for flights up to 5 hours
25,000 BIG Points – one-way seat for flights up to 6 hours
30,000 BIG Points – one-way seat for flights up to 7 hours
45,000 BIG Points – one-way seat for flights above 8 hours
– Market Fare Redemption – When seats are no longer available for discounted redemption, all available seats can still be redeemed at market price translated to BIG Points.
6. A unique membership status system that is dependent on the frequency of flights with AirAsia rather than the amount spent.
7. All members enjoy a special 24-hour priority access to AirAsia’s immensely popular Free Seats campaigns that happen several times in a year.
8. Members with insufficient point balance to perform full redemption of seats with BIG Points have the option to select “BIG Points + Cash” to complete a seat redemption with ease.
Soon, AirAsia will launch other exclusive features for their Freedom Flyer Program. Stay tuned here at WhenInManila.com for updates.
To find out more about the Freedom Flyer Program, visit airasiabig.com.