MedMom opened its clinic doors to clients in 2013 and has since been a fast growing team of interdisciplinary professionals, including medical doctors, psychologists, therapists and teachers of various fields related to child development and neuro-developmental disorders.
MedMom is re-launching as an institution to reflect its vision and missions:
- To become a leader in advocating optimal human development through an integrative team approach and in partnership with families and communities
- To provide high quality, competent and compassionate service
- To train professionals, families and communities as partners in the pursuit of optimum human development
- To conduct research that documents the Philippine experience
Our official foundation day and re-launch of MEDMOM INSTITUTE FOR HUMAN DEVELOPMENT is December 8, 2016.
As part of the Foundation Day festivities, MedMom has planned several fun-filled activities for November and December:
November 25 – Interdisciplinary Clinic for Children with Down Syndrome in cooperation with Miss Possibilities
- Health supervision of children with Down Syndrome (0-5 years old) by medical doctors.
- Therapy consults by our physical and occupational therapists.
- Music and movement, art activities and story telling with our team of early interventionists, special education teachers and speech therapist.
- Emotion Regulation and Emotion Coaching for parents with our psychology team.
December 3 – Circle of Hope Sparkle
- Circle of Hope is a charity group of MedMom who has been working with children and teens with cancer from the Philippine General Hospital Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Department. In partnership with ICTSI Foundation, Inc., the Teen Barkada members will get to experience prom for the first time.
December 8 – Foundation day and Christmas party
- Showcase new and upcoming services of the institution
- Christmas program presentation of the children
- Fellowship among professionals, families and community partners of MedMom
MedMom wishes to share its advocacy and to continue and strengthen its work for families and individuals with special needs, in order to optimize their growth and development.