Former Senate President and Businessman Manny Villar is now the Philippines’ richest man according to Forbes Magazine.
Manny Villar who has Starmalls, Vista and Landscapes and other businesses has a net worth of $5.5 billion which was from $5billion from 2018. He was ranked 317th worldwide and overthrown the late Henry Sy Sr. who was the Philippines’ top billionaire for 11 years in a row.
Photo from Manny Villar Facebook Page
Second on the list of Philippines’ richest is John Gokongwei of JG Summit Group with a net worth of $5.1billion followed by Enrique Razon of Solaire Casino and Resort with a net worth of $4.8billion.
Below are the Philippines’ richest in 2019, according to Forbes:
- Manny Villar ($5.5 billion)
- John Gokongwei Jr ($5.1 billion)
- Enrique Razon Jr. ($4.8 billion)
- Lucio Tan ($4.4 billion)
- Tony Tan Caktiong and family ($3.9 billion)
- Ramon Ang ($2.9 billion)
- Andrew Tan ($2.7 billion)
- Hans Sy and Herbert Sy ($2.4 billion)
- Harley Sy, Henry Sy, Jr., and Teresita Sy-Coson ($2.2 billion)
- Elizabeth Sy ($1.9 billion)
- Eduardo Cojuangco and Robert Coyiuto, Jr. ($1.4 billion)
- Ricardo Po Sr. and family ($1.2 billion)
- Roberto Ongpin ($1.1 billion)