The Commission on Elections (COMELEC) just launched a mobile registration app for Filipino citizens who wish to apply for a voter’s ID. According to Commissioner Marlon Casquejo, the app shall ease the registration process in line with the mobility restrictions brought about by the ongoing pandemic.
“The launch of the mobile app is very timely in the face of mobility restrictions brought about by COVID-19 because you will only need a smartphone to accomplish the form. This will save time, effort, and money that will otherwise be spent on going to a computer shop to download and print the form, or getting the form at the local COMELEC to fill it out manually.” – Commissioner Marlon Casquejo
To register for a voter’s ID, here are the steps that you need to follow:
1. Download and install COMELEC’s Mobile Registration App.
2. Open the mobile app and tap “Get Started.”
3. Select the desired type of application and tap “Proceed.”
4. Input all necessary personal information.
5. Confirm your personal information by ticking the checkbox.
6. Tap “Generate QR Code” and then save your unique QR code on your smartphone.
7. Bring a valid ID upon visiting your local COMELEC office for your QR code scanning at biometrics capture.
For inquiries, you may contact the COMELEC Voter Care Center at +639275595926 or through Facebook (fb.com/comelec.ph) and Twitter (twitter.com/COMELEC).
Know someone who has not registered as a voter yet? Tag them in the comments.
Do you want us to feature your business, story, or video? Email me at email@example.com or send me a direct message at When In Manila Gizelle on Facebook. To keep up with the latest news, join our Viber group!