The UPLB Economics Society, together with the Department of Economics (DE) of the College of Economics and Management – UPLB, bring you ECONVERGENCE, an annual inter-high school scholastic convention that aims to promote appreciation of economics through the analysis of relevant social issues in the country.
This year, ECONVERGENCE 2019 will focus on the theme “Envisioning the Philippines in 2040: Realizing the Role of the Youth for an Inclusive and Sustainable Economic Development.” The event will be held on February 9-10, 2019 at the University of the Philippines Los Baños, Laguna.
For the past 13 years, ECONVERGENCE has been well participated by various high schools nationwide. The different competitions and activities offered by ECONVERGENCE have been serving as avenues for students to showcase their skills and knowledge in the application of economic concepts. Furthermore, ECONVERGENCE has been serving as a platform for enhancing the teaching methods of economics through its Economics Teachers’ Convention.
Approximately 250 high school students and teachers from all over the country are expected to attend the two-day convention which includes eight (8) competitions namely EKONOMIKA Quiz Contest, Intellectual Encounter Debate Competition, Essay-writing Competition, Poster-making Competition, Impromptu Speaking Competition, Mini Documentary Presentation Contest, Photo-Essay Competition, and Economics Teachers’ Convention (ETC).
This season of Econvergence, there will be 19 participating schools, namely:
- Ateneo de Manila University- Senior High School
- Ateneo de Naga University
- Canossa College- San Pablo
- Colegio San Agustin Biñan
- De La Salle Santiago Zobel School
- De La Salle University Integrated School
- De La Salle University-Manila
- Elizabeth Seton School South
- Good Shepherd Cathedral School
- Mary Help of Christians College – Salestian Sister Inc.
- Philippine Science High School CALABARZON Region Campus
- Philippine Science High School CARAGA Campus
- Philippine Science High School Central Visayas Campus
- Philippine Science High School Ilocos Region Campus
- Philippine Science High School Main Campus
- Philippine Science High School MIMAROPA Region Campus
- Philippine Science High School Southern Mindanao
- Philippine Science High School Western Visayas Campus
- Quezon Science High School
For sponsorship and partnership queries, contact Aldrin M. Pamposa at 0967-572-6221 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out facebook.com/uplbeconvergence and facebook.com/uplbeconsoc