If you think you are adventurous with your food, then there is something new that you should try! Belgium-based novelty dining service Dinner In The Sky brings its unique experience to Filipino thrill-seekers and foreign tourists on April 3, 2018 at the lush landscaped grounds of Solaire Resort and Casino in Paranaque City.
The sky dining experience, which has earned for itself a spot on Forbes Magazine’s list of the world’s Top 10 Most Unusual Restaurants, brings gourmands to literal culinary heights as it hoists its table, and waitstaff 150 feet into the air, giving them an amazing bird’s-eye view of a city or a country.
This thrilling culinary adventure is organized by MMI Live, and co-organized by DITS Asia, with the exquisite world-class cuisine prepared by three of Solaire Resort and Casino’s chefs, followed by Chef Kenneth Cacho, Director for Culinary Arts of the International School for Culinary Arts and Hotel Management (ISCAHM) and Michelin-star Chef Yves Mattagne of Sea Grill in Brussels, Belgium. Dinner In The Sky is packaged from PHP 9,990.00 that includes a four-course exclusive dinner, a perfect view of Manila, and a once-in-a-lifetime experience worth going for.
Started in May 2006 in Brussels, Belgium, this unique dinner experience uses a crane to hoist diners, table and waiting staff 150 feet off into the air giving them an amazing bird’s eye view whilst enjoying an exquisite culinary feast. There have been over 5,000 events so far, in more than 45 cities around the world. Amongst the iconic locations where Dinner In The Sky has taken place include the Strip of Las Vegas, the gardens of the King David Hotel, the Marina of Dubai, the hills of the Villa Borghese, the banks of the St. Lawrence River, the beach of Copacabana, Cape Town Bay, and the Petronas Twin Tower in Kuala Lumpur. Solaire Resort and Casino is its next stop, with diners enjoying a breathtaking view of the famed Manila Bay sunset.
Dinner in the Sky observes international safety measures to an utmost level, with seated guests wearing safety belts, and standing presenter and crew secured by safety harnesses at all times during the flight. Patrons will be given a briefing by a safety supervisor about all the safety regulations prior to the flight and will be in constant communication with the crane operator and ground crew.
The concept was developed by E.I.T.S. BvBa to offer exclusivity and safety and all the procedures have been approved by TÜV SÜD, the German organization that validates the safety of products of all kinds to protect humans and the environment against hazards. The platform and machinery were designed according to German guidelines on flying structures, and the platforms are built in Belgium and are regularly checked and maintained. Every aspect of the concept, from the seat belts to the type of crane used, has been scrutinized and carefully considered to ensure maximum safety for clients and employees. Painstaking attention is given to every detail in order to maximize security and ensure guests always feel safe.
Arvin Randahwa, CEO of DITS ASIA, says, “The Philippines is the third country in Southeast Asia in which the Dinner In The Sky experience is taking place. We are especially excited about its launch as Filipinos are known to be adventurous and fun-loving people. This experience will be a good boost to the country’s variety of culinary outlets, and both locals and tourists alike should not miss this once-in-a-lifetime experience. We are also excited to work with our local Filipino partners, who share our vision in making the event an unforgettable one for everyone.”
“The Philippines has been enjoying tremendous progress, making Filipinos today truly globalized, at pace with the trends happening in the rest of the world. Filipinos now are more receptive to new ideas, eager to try exciting concepts, aggressively chasing experiences they have seen and heard around the globe. The Philippines is ripe for the picking – to be a stop for a unique, world-class dining experience such as Dinner in the Sky.” Rhiza Pascua, CEO of MMI Live says. It’s about time that Filipinos experience the best in the world in our own shores, for the Philippines to become a destination for culinary adventures and one-of-a-kind experiences. We deserve it.”
Lorenzo Manalang, VP for Brand & Marketing of Solaire Resort and Casino shares “As we celebrate our 5th anniversary, Solaire brings you yet another world-class experience. Dinner In The Sky is a bold testament to our commitment to continuously give our guests memorable experiences that no other property in the Philippines has done before.” And Robbert Pupping, Director for Food & Beverage adds “Looking beyond our 5th year, we aim to be bolder and brighter with our restaurant concepts and offers. Dinner In The Sky at Solaire Resort and Casino is just the beginning as we explore more avenues to give our guests culinary ingenuity at its finest.”
For more information on booking procedures about Dinner in the Sky Philippines, visit www.dinnerinthesky.ph.
Take a look at our teaser video here: bit.ly/DITSPHTVC
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Where can I purchase a seat to experience Dinner In The Sky Philippines?
– Seats are ONLY sold online at www.dinnerinthesky.ph.
- Who can experience Dinner In The Sky Philippines?
– Anyone above the age of 13 with a minimum height of 145cm and a maximum weight of 150kg. If the guest is under the age of 18, the presence and signature of a parent/guardian that is at least 18 years old and above will be required for the indemnity form.
- What does the Dinner In The Sky Philippines experience cover?
– For the packages, the following include Admission to Dinner In The Sky Philippines lounge, a seat on the Dinner In The Sky Philippines table, a four-course meal and free flow of water on the table.
- Can someone with a disability experience Dinner In The Sky Philippines?
– Experience is possible for wheelchair users and people with mild disabilities BUT please write to us in advance BEFORE purchasing your seat with a detailed explanation of your condition for our safety officer to evaluate and advise accordingly.
- How many people can sit around the table?
– Dinner In The Sky can sit a maximum of 22 people per session.
- How long does each experience last?
– The dining experience in the sky will take one hour. Guests are to register at the Dinner In the Sky Lounge at least 1 hour before the time of the session that they have bought. Failure to reach on time will deem your admission as forfeited with no refunds given.
- What if I have to use the restroom?
– All guests are recommended to use the restroom prior to taking their seats. However, if there is an emergency and you need to use the restroom during your flight, the table can be lowered down. We do not recommend this though, as the other guests will have to wait for you before being lifted into the air again.
- What time and how many dinners are there daily?
– You will be required to be at the Arrival lounge at least 1 hour before your flight/ experience.
- What happens if I am late for my experience?
– The table will take off as per schedule and your admission will, therefore, be considered as forfeited. Please note that no refund will be given. To be fair to other guests, the table will not be lowered once it has been lifted into the air until the experience ends.
- Is the experience safe?
– Yes, it is. All concepts are designed according to German norm DIN 4112. The table is built in Belgium and all drawings, calculations, and simulations are tested by TÜV Rhineland, a global provider of technical, safety, and certification services. This obsession for safety is probably one of the reasons why the experience is now operated in more than 40 countries and got the official authorizations from some of the toughest countries in the world. Thousands of Dinner In The Sky experience has taken place since its launch in May 2006.
- Is there any insurance covering the Dinner In The Sky experience?
– We have public liability in place for the event. However, like most outdoor experiences, you will be required to sign an indemnity and waiver form. Failure to sign (and agree to) the indemnity & waiver form will render your admission as forfeited with no refund given.
- How high does the table go?
– The table can go up to a maximum of 45-50 meters. However, the actual height of the table during the experience it is at the organizer’s discretion, based on weather conditions.
- What happens if I don’t turn up? Can I get a refund?
– Kindly note that once a seat purchase has been made, strictly no refund will be given, unless the experience is cancelled by the organizer themselves, for reasons such as natural disasters etc. The table will take off as per schedule.
- Is the seat transferable?
– Seats purchased cannot be transferable to another person. Consideration for transfer will, however, be given if you can provide evidence of double purchase, illnesses or other related emergencies. A written request to transfer will have to be submitted to the organizer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours before the affected session. The organizer will evaluate the request and reserves the right to make all final decisions on this.
- What if my session is cancelled?
– The experience will only be cancelled if there are major occurrences such as natural disasters, riots etc. In such cases, a full refund (on the fee of the experience/seat only) will be offered by the organizer.
- I’m an event organizer, corporation, individual and would like to organize/ customize my own Dinner In The Sky experience. Can I do that?
– Yes, write to us at email@example.com
- Where exactly at Solaire Resort and Casino will the Dinner In The Sky experience be located?
– The Dinner In The Sky experience will be located at the Esplanade, Solaire Resort and Casino, Entertainment City, Paranaque.
all photos from the press con are taken by Phylicia Pangilinan