If there’s one word to describe everyone in the advertising industry here in the Philippines, it would be passionate. The industry is a whole new world and entering is no piece of cake. This is why I can tell that it is full of hardworking people who are deeply in love with what they do.
Creating content that a specific audience will choose to watch is a challenge especially as advertising tools diversify. With equipment transitioning from film to mirrorless, and platforms from television and now also the internet, they all continue to give their 100%.
In recognition of digital ads that utilized outstanding storytelling to resonate with Filipino viewers, YouTube in collaboration with Adobo Magazine launched the first YouTube Ads Awards in the Philippines. This poses an opportunity for brands, creators, and agencies with their objective of honoring the best creative storytelling ads in the country.
“Creativity is a big part of who we are as Filipinos, and it is strongly evident in how we value stories well-told in today’s advertising. Through YouTube Ads Awards, we celebrate digital creativity in ads that cut through the clutter and connect well with the Filipino audience.” – Gabby Roxas, Google Philippines’ Country Marketing Manager.
Here are the 17 award categories which will be judged based on content, creativity, and effectiveness:
- Food and Beverage
- Health and Nutrition (including pharmaceutical products/over-the-counter medicines)
- Beauty and Personal Care (including services)
- Financial Institutions and Services
- Retail and Restaurants (including fast food chains)
- Technology, E-Commerce, and Telco
- Travel Transport, Automotive, and Leisure
- Media and Publications
- Corporate Image and Public Sector
- Charities and Non-Profit
- Multi-Video Storytelling
- Best in 5-second intro
- Long-Form Storytelling (ads longer than one minute)
- 6-second Storytelling
- Storytelling for Occasions
- Format Innovation (ads that utilized Vogon, VR, 360, animation, and other interactive elements)
- Effectiveness (showcasing proven business results such as improved audience perception and increase in sales due to ads or promotion)
“By collaborating with YouTube for the first YouTube Ads Awards, Adobo goes further in recognizing excellence in creative storytelling. The YouTube Ads Awards will serve as an industry benchmark for creative agencies and brands to showcase best practices in digital advertising and to be recognized for their storytelling prowess.” – Angel Guerrero, Adobo Magazine’s President and Editor-In-Chief
Panel of judges consist of MullenLowe Philippines President and Chief Creative Officer Leigh Reyes, Digital Measurement Board of the Philippines and Unilever Philippines Head of Media Dennis Perez, Cebu Pacific Air Vice President for Marketing and Distribution Candice Iyog, McCann Worldgroup Philippines Executive Creative Director Joe Dy, Singer/performer and one of the country’s top YouTube creators Mikey Bustos, and TV host and three-time recipient of the Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Award for Literature Lourd de Veyra.
For submissions and full terms and conditions, you may click this link: YouTube Ads Awards Philippines 2017