Marriot Hotel Manila’s FLAVORS of ASIA
I must admit, it’s sooooo darn difficult to pick that perfect buffet where you can treat the whole gang when in Manila. As for the country’s BEST FOODIE (ahem.. ahem..), it may be hard to believe that I’m NOT a big fan of buffets myself .. the reason?? I don’t really know… maybe because I find “ala carte” dishes more attractive to photograph or maybe it’s because I don’t like the idea of stuffing myself to the brim…. hmmmm
my guests Jr, Mike, Mae and Noel
But in those rare occasions when I do feel like treating myself and friends to a buffet feast, there is only 1 name that I keep in mind, and that would be the buffets at the M Cafe of Marriot Hotel Manila.
Imagine all your favorite Asian cuisines featuring specialties from Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam all made by 4 of the finest chefs from each nation!! “SAN KA PA?”
I’ve read quite a lot of blog reviews about Marriot’s FLAVORS of ASIA, each of them giving the usual descriptions and details about the buffet etc… hmmmmm So for this special feature for wheninmanila.com, aside from showing you drool-worthy shots, I’ll also focus on the reasons on why YOU, yes YOU should never miss this one of a kind feast!
1. YOU DON’T NEED TO TRAVEL TO 4 DIFFERENT COUNTRIES TO GO ON AN ASIAN FOOD TRIP ANYMORE!
– Yeah! You don’t need to do that anymore ‘coz the people at Marriot has brought them ALL here for you to enjoy! 2,500php / head VS at least 20,000php worth of travel expense to each country… you do the math!!!
all these ASIAN FLAVORS right at your fingertips
various Satays ready for grilling
2. ALL DISHES are AUTHENTICALLY MADE to you by their featured MASTER CHEFS from each COUNTRY!
– Marriot Hotel Manila sent in the FINEST CHEFS from 4 countries right here in Manila just for you to have authentically tasting dishes and flavors!
I got to meet their Malaysian Master Chef Ruhizad Muri !
After a little chit chat, he gladly offered me to taste his specialty…
tadah!! I must admit I was “starstrucked” that I forgot the name of the dish! hihihih
3. FRESHNESS GUARANTEED!
– This is something which I really really love about Marriot! They are at my personal list of trusted places to dine because the quality of their ingredients are really over the top. You may dine with confidence here, especially with their seafood! You get all your money’s worth!
only the freshest catch!
eat sashimi with confidence!!
all prepared by meticulous hands
4. A CULTURAL CONNECTION
– If you’re as curious as I am about the kind of culture which our Asian neighbors have, the best way is to experience what they actually eat! Food trips shouldn’t be only about stuffing oneself but also about having an “appreciation” and “deeper understanding” about a certain place and culture. When I tried it myself, I realized how closely “connected” we were because of the certain similarities of our very own dishes to theirs. I wasn’t really after how tasty the dishes were or if I liked it or not…. I was more on “appreciation mode” that time so I must say, the experience became more memorable.
Dadar Gulung (Indonesian pancake with stuffing)
reminds me of lumpia filled with toasted coconut and nuts
Vun Bai Tury (Pandan Leaf Jelly)
oooooh i find this to be very Filipino… pandan jelly!
A Gỏi Cuốn (Vietnamese Spring Roll) with shrimp
reminds me of my favorite fresh lumpia… this one however uses rice paper. I loved it a lot!
tomato and spicy tender beef stew. … more like our Caldereta
rice cakes galore….
sticky rice desserts is just sooo Asian!
A taste of Kuala Lumpur by Malaysian chef Ruhizad Muri
vegetables and seafood in coconut milk flavored with Rendang and Percik Sauce
5. A ONE OF A KIND BUFFET!
– I’ve never seen any other buffet right now which focuses on these flavors. All the rest has the same old boring offerings unlike here where not only do you get to leave with a full tummy but also with a much deeper appreciation of your culture. Also, It only happens THIS MONTH (July 1 to 31, 2012)! Yeah! This special treat is only valid until this month that’s why you should start making those invites and reservations ASAP!
4 cultures all in 1 plate!
offered from July 1 – 31, 2012
available from 6-10:30 pm
P2,300 net per head Sun-Thurs
P2,500 net per head Fri-Sat
For inquiries or reservations, call 988-9999.
special thanks to my iphone photographer friend Noel Villa for the mouthwatering shots!
5 Reasons Why YOU Should Try the “FLAVORS of ASIA” buffet at Marriot Hotel Manila!