Zac Efron Gets Deadly Bacterial Infection While Filming “Killing Zac Efron”

Zac Efron had a medical scare last week when he contracted a deadly bacterial infection while filming the reality show Killing Zac Efron in Papua New Guinea.

According to  Australia’s Sunday Telegraph, the High School Musical star was airlifted to Brisbane to receive medical care at a local hospital.

The infection has not been confirmed but reports claim that he was infected with typhoid or a “similar bacterial infection.”

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), typhoid fever is a life-threatening infection spread through contaminated food or water. WHO states that symptoms include “prolonged fever, fatigue, headache, nausea, abdominal pain, and constipation or diarrhea. Severe cases may lead to serious complications or even death.”

Reports add that Zac’s doctors allowed him to return to Los Angeles on Christmas Eve after spending some days in the hospital. He has also spoken out about the issue on Twitter, saying “Very thankful to everyone who has reached out. I did get sick in Papua New Guinea but I bounced back quick and finished an amazing 3 weeks in P.N.G. I’m home for the holidays with my friends and family. Thanks for all the love and concern, see you in 2020!”

The actor was in Papua New Guinea to film Killing Zac Efron, sees him in a “remote” island for 21 days, “with nothing but basic gear, a guide partner, and a will to survive.”

When the show was announced, Zac said, “I tend to thrive under extreme circumstances and seek out opportunities that challenge me on every level. I am excited to explore any uncharted territory and discover what unexpected adventure awaits.”

What do you think? Share your thoughts below!

Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at story.wheninmanila@gmail.com or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad.






Related Stories