As a part of their 10th Anniversary Celebration, JNBM Paperclay takes a step in this exciting venture towards a caring world by promoting awareness of the advocacy in the care and preservation of Marine Wildlife by holding this art competition entitled “Yamang Sining, Yamang Dagat”.
This competition also aims to introduce Paperclay as a universal art medium for paintings, to discover a new batch of Paperclay artists that will create world class Paperclay artworks, and to exhibit these World-class Paperclay Artworks globally.
1st Prize P100 000
2nd Prize P75 000
3rd Prize P50 000
People’s Choice Award P25 000
Consolation (6 Artworks) P10 000 each
• Open to all Filipino citizens who are 18years old and above as of May 15, 2015. As proof of age & citizenship, all entrants must submit any government issued document or identification card (ID), photocopy of the artist’s birth certificate, passport, or any valid government ID showing birth date and citizenship when submitting their entries.
• Professional and non-professional artists are eligible to join the competition.
• Participation Fee: P500.00 inclusive of 5 big cups of Paperclay.
• Employees of JNBM, their affiliates, distributors, advertising and promotions agencies, companies involved in the production of the program materials and the implementation of the competition, their agents, as well as their respective relatives up to the 2nd degree of consanguinity and affinity are not eligible to participate in the competition.
Specifications of the Painting Piece:
• Size: Not smaller than 36×48 inches or not bigger than 48 x 60 inches, exclusive of the frame
• Medium: Paperclay and acrylic only on stretched boxed-type canvas.
• Weight: not more than 15 kilos
• Should not be framed but have hanging provisions
• An artist can submit only ONE (1) entry. Submission of entries in 2 or more is a cause for disqualification in the whole competition.
• Only ORIGINAL and RECENT works will be accepted (not more than 2 months from date of submission).
• The artworks must be ready for exhibition, and do not require assembly.
Non Acceptable Artworks
• Obscene subject/designs
• Oil Paint and other paint aside from the Art Medium indicated on 4.2.
• Dangerous materials
• Illegal/prohibited materials
• hazardous materials
• endangered botanical, zoological and marine specimens
• precious metals and stones
• fragile or brittle
• wet works
• incomplete documentation
• altered works to conform with size limitations
JNBM reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion, not to accept and/or disqualify any entry not meeting certain artistic and competition requirements or violating competition rules and regulations.
Competition Rules & Regulations
• All participants MUST USE the 2015 JNBM Registration Form when submitting their entries.
• Please read all the mechanics, rules and regulations carefully. JNBM enforces strict implementation of set guidelines. Non-compliant entries on any of the stipulated rules will be disqualified.
25% Creative Use of Medium
25% Expression and Technique
25% Originality of Artistic Perception and Mode of Interpretation
25% Relevance to Theme: “Yamang Sining, Yamang Dagat”
JNBM shall select members of the panel of judges. Any participant or entry found to have violated the competition rules and regulations would be disqualified from the competition. JNBM reserves the right not to award any of the stipulated prizes should entries fail to meet the competition rules and standards. All decisions by the panel of judges are final
Registration starts on May 15, 2015 through JNBM Branches or online registration.
Competition Proper: May 15 – June 30, 2015
Winning entries exhibit: July 11-18, 2015
Venue: Resorts World Manila
Announcement of Grand Winners: July 19, 2015
Venue: Resorts World Manila
Carrying their mission of touching more lives, JNBM Paperclay is the very first Paperclay Company patented and proudly made in the Philippines.