Many people are switching from being a corporate slave to working online and being their own boss. On the personal level, I have friends quitting their day job to work online. The online worker supply is getting bigger. This means that there is real money on the internet. And with the growing supply of online workers, this means that it’s getting more and more competitive out there. To have a better chance of landing a job online, you should know how to market yourself well.
Here are a few tips to remember to enhance your presence online.
- Create an online portfolio. Your online portfolio can be a website containing samples of your work. If you are a web designer, it can be a website of your past designs. If you are a writer, it can be a blog. If you have money to spare, get your own “.com”. Having your own “.com” makes you appear professional and potential clients trust people like this. Make sure to put your contact information on your online portfolio.
- Check yourself on Google. Ensure that your online portfolio is SEO optimized so that when potential clients are searching for you, your portfolio is one of the top results.
- Join different social networking sites. Social networking sites aren’t only used to socialize. They can also be used to gain contact with potential clients or to gain access to professional groups where you can learn a lot. Your social networking profiles are an extension of your online portfolio where you can showcase your skills and other capabilities.
- Be active on forums. Many potential clients search for their teams from forums because these are raw sources of manpower and ideas. Interact with other people and comment on forums. Don’t forget to leave a link to your online portfolio or other profiles so that when a potential client gets impressed by your ideas, they can easily contact you.
- Join online job sites. To land jobs online, you need to create an account on different online job sites. When you do so, you can start bidding for online jobs that you can work on wherever you are.
These are just some of the ways you can popularize yourself online. However, make sure that you are an expert in the field you are pursuing online work. Still, nothing beats impressing your clients to gain more clients through word of mouth or increased in return clients.
Anything to add to these tips? Share them with us in the comments.