During the enhanced community quarantine placed over the entire Luzon, it’s possible that you or someone in your family will go out to do the groceries or shop for essentials. But as the cases for the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continue to rise, it’s essential that you carry out the following precautionary measures as advised by the Department of Health:
Tips Before Re-Entering Your Home
1. Always bring a hand sanitizer or alcohol
It’s best if you don’t go out of your house at all within the next weeks but, if the need arises, always bring with you a hand sanitizer or alcohol. Always keep your hands clean and NEVER touch your face when outside!
2. Spray alcohol on your shoes and take them off before re-entering
Place your shoes outside of your house or by the door.
3. Disinfect your hands before entering the house
Leave a hand sanitizer or alcohol near the door as well so you can disinfect your hands before entering your house. Remember not to touch anything inside as long as your hands are still dirty.
4. Place all items in your bag and pockets on a box near the door and disinfect your bag
Clean your bag by spraying it with a mixture of bleach and water or with a 70% alcohol solution.
5. Take off your clothes and place them in a separate laundry basket
Wash them immediately with water, detergent, and a bit of bleach.
6. Dispose of PPEs and face masks in a separate trash bag and seal it for up to 72 hours (3 days)
Dispose of your PPEs and face masks properly by throwing them in a separate trash bag and sealing it for up to 3 days before having it collected by the garbage collectors. Remember to wash your hands right away after taking off your protective masks.
7. Take a bath
Wash your entire body well for at least 20 seconds.
8. Always keep in mind to take precautionary measures while at home
Practice social distancing, wear face masks if you are sick, cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing, and always wash your hands. And remember, if you still have enough food and medicines anyway, just please stay at home.
Do you have other tips to share? Sound off in the comments below!
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at email@example.com or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad!