To celebrate our 25 years of service, the UP Red Cross Youth is throwing a month-long birthday bash! Throughout September, we will have a series of events to showcase the various advocacies our organization has been championing for the last 25 years.
In line with the celebration, UP RCY will hold the following events:
- Kiddie Party: A Grand Pakain, 8 2017, AS Walk – To kick-start the celebration, we are giving back to the students of UP Diliman by offering not only food but also awareness on our esteemed advocacies.
- Univ-wide First Aid Training, Sept. 9, 2017, PH 400 – From treating minor wounds to response to common medical emergencies, we deem these life skills timely and valuable to everyone! This ever-timely training seminar will be open to all students and staff of UP Diliman campus.
- Blood and Health Seminar, Sept. 12, 2017, PH 400 – A University wide seminar will be held to raise HIV/AIDS awareness and to instill the importance of blood donation with speakers coming from HIV & AIDS Support House and BloodHero, Inc.
- Kapag Tumibok ang Puso: Blood Drive, Sept. 13-14, 2017, AS Alcove – Following our Blood and Health Awareness seminar, a two-day blood donation drive will be held with the Philippine Red Cross – Quezon City Chapter Blood Bank as the beneficiary.
- #Throwback: a 90’s themed Quiz Show, Sept. 17, 2017, Hungry Meeples Board Game Café, Congressional Ave. Ext. – A competitive battle of the brains open to everyone who can’t get enough of the 90’s charm in our ultimate throwback event.
- Disaster Preparedness Seminar, Sept. 19, 2017, PH 400 – Recognizing the relevance of cultivating disaster preparedness, a university-wide seminar will be conducted to equip the UP community with knowledge and skills in the event of an emergency situation.
We believe our advocacies are relevant more than ever. Everyone is invited to come, so what better way is there than celebrating and learning with us?
For inquiries, please message us on Facebook at UP Red Cross Youth
About UP RCY: The UP Red Cross Youth is a duly recognized non-stock, non-profit, student-led organization based in UP Diliman focused on promoting the spirit of humanity and voluntary service. The organization is duly affiliated with the Philippine Red Cross – Quezon City Chapter and upholds the seven fundamental principles of the International Red Cross and Crescent Movement.