Photo from: Wikipedia
Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) just released the firm’s ratings of world university rankings per subject and three universities are included. These universities are University of the Philippines (UP), Ateneo de Manila University (ADMU), and De La Salle University (DLSU).
UP ranked in four subjects this year but it is less outstanding compared to its performance last year of eight subjects.
Based from the QS ratings, UP included in the 2016 subject rankings for:
- English, Language and Literature (101-150)
- Agriculture and Forestry (101-150)
- Modern Languages (101-150)
- Medicine (301-400)
UP dropped out of the following subjects, which were included in the list of rankings last year. These subjects are:
- Development Studies (Top 100 last year)
- Communication and Media Studies
- Politics and International Studies
- English, Language and Literature (151-200)
ADMU ranked 101-150 range for this subject last year. In 2012, Ateneo ranked 24th in the said subject.
- English, Language and Literature (151-200 rank)
- Education (201-300)
The rankings show the world’s top universities in 42 subjects. The rankings are based on academic reputation, employer reputation, and research impact.
Do you agree with the rankings?