TV5’s programming partner and major block timer, Cignal TV, is buoyed up by an influx of new and familiar faces adding more color and cheer to the network’s current talent roster. Headlining the new shows are the likes of Piolo Pascual, Korina Sanchez, Aga Muhlach, Ian Veneracion, Billy Crawford, Matteo Guidicelli, Maja Salvador, Sue Ramirez, Dimples Romana, Alex Gonzaga, and Catriona Gray.
“TV5 has something for everybody. We aim to deliver a fresh new perspective at how audiences enjoy the network’s entertainment, news and sports programs,” enthuses Robert P. Galang, President, and CEO of Cignal TV and TV5. “The new program line-up does not only set the bar higher for innovativeness and production values but also reinforces TV5’s vision to become a formidable force in Philippine television as it continues to challenge traditional programming standards and reinvigorate the network’s adaptability to survive and thrive in this pandemic and beyond,” he added.
One of the network’s most recent block time partners, Brightlight Productions will be airing new shows on the channel beginning October 18. Its President and CEO, former Rep. Albee Benitez, urged the halt of network wars, sharing that “it’s time that all of us should work together. Right now, I don’t think there should be a network war.” He also mentions that stars should be given flexibility and be allowed to take on work where it is available. “I think that should be our landscape moving forward,” he concluded.
Viva, who has a long-standing partnership with Cignal TV, thru its president and COO, Vincent del Rosario said “We’re very happy that Viva’s partnership with Cignal and TV5 has been going strong, given that our joint venture company, SSNI, is now on its 5th year. I guess what makes it fun working with the group is the collaborative nature of the relationship where each side has an equal say on the creative direction to take in every project.”
“As for the effect that this will bring to the industry, we believe that this will not only bring some parity in the network wars, but will also open more job opportunities for the artists and the creative and production communities,” he added.
With Cignal TV continuing to forge new partnerships and collaborations, TV5 can definitely promise bigger and better -BER months in store for its viewers in the last quarter. With new programs and new stars joining the fray, there is truly much to look forward to. Some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry have shared their sentiments of feeling blessed and grateful to be working again; proving that life is indeed brighter when we come together to carry out a single mission: to give hope, excitement, and inspiration to Filipinos.
So what shows can we expect?
Here’s the program list below!
- Sunday Noontime Live, directed by Johnny Manahan is a Sunday noontime musical variety show to be hosted by Piolo Pascual, Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray together with Maja Salvador, Donny Pangilinan, and Jake Ejercito is set to premiere this coming October 18 from 12:00 NN – 2:00 PM. You can also enjoy its same-day catch-up airing at 8:00 PM on Colours Channel 202 HD and Channel 60 SD on Cignal TV.
- I Got You, directed by Dan Villegas, is an upcoming romance drama series, set to premiere on October 18. It airs on Sunday afternoon from 2:00 – 3:00 PM. The show features young and versatile actors such as Beauty Gonzales, Jane Oineza, and RK Bagatsing.
- Sunday Kada is an upcoming comedy show to complete the Sunday viewing full of laughter, directed by Edgar Mortiz featuring Jayson Gainza, Ritz Azul, Wacky Kiray, Miles Ocampo, Daniel Matsunaga, Jerome Ponce, Josh Colet, Sunshine Garcia, Jhen Maloles, and Badji Mortiz. The show will premiere this October 18 and will air every Sunday, 3:00 – 4:00 PM.
- Lunch Out Loud is the newest noon-time variety show full of fun games and surprises, giving more chances of winning to viewers even at home. With a line-up of amazing comedians and hosts such as Billy Crawford, Alex Gonzaga, Wacky Kiray, K Brosas, Bayani Agbayani, KC Montero, and Macoy Dubs; which will be airing on October 19 from Monday to Saturday, 12:00 NN – 2:00 PM.
- Rated Korina, a long-running news magazine and lifestyle show will feature remarkable stories from various walks of life and will be hosted by the veteran broadcaster Ms.Korina Sanchez-Roxas, which is set to premiere this October 24 from 4:00 – 5:00 PM every Saturday.
- Oh My Dad is a wholesome family sitcom starring Ian Veneracion, Dimples Romana, Sue Ramirez, Louise Abuel, and Adrian Lindayag, to be helmed by Director Jeffrey Jeturian, which will premiere on October 24 from 5:00 – 6:00 PM every Saturday.
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Get the latest news about the Philippine Entertainment industry and join the WIM Showbiz Facebook group! We also share our stories on Viber, join us!