Consisting of more than a thousand islands and 103 million strong, the Philippines is a home to a diverse and colorful gastronomic culture. Among the many things that bind Filipinos as one nation, food plays the biggest function in gathering us altogether in the same manner that it also plays a major role in delineating our regional identities.
STRAM, INCORPORATED, an events company based in Manila has been creating and organizing the POWER OF PEN – a Food Writing conference and forum since 2009. Since then, the Power of Pen which happens every two years has now evolved and developed regional food writing workshops to cater to the growing demands of the food writer’s community.
On its 7th installment, The Power of Pen 7: Regional Food Convergence, aims to bring together a coming together of culinary talents, professionals, and enthusiasts, to address topics such as the following:
- The Philippine Culinary Archipelago – food as a pivotal element of our history and culture;
- Our Cultural Palette/Palate – food as the colorful band that binds us together; and
- Food Ways and Tunnels – food as means to constitute a change in society towards a sustainable gastronomic world.
Learn from the luminaries of the Philippine cuisine and culinary world such as:
- Amy Besa, Memories of Philippine Kitchen
- Macario Tiu, Davao Cuisine: Recipes of the Ten Tribes of Davao City
- Cora Alvina, A Delicate Balance: Batanes Food, Ecology, and Community
- Chef HenySison, Naimas: The Food Heritage of Ilocos Sur
- Chef Myke “Tatung” Sarthou, Philippine Cookery: From Heart to Platter
- EdgiePolistico, Philippine Food, Cooking, and Dining Dictionary
- Chef Claude Tayag, Linamnam: Eating One’s Way Around The Philippines, and Food Tour: A Culinary Journal
- Chef ShariffPendatun III, On Halal Cuisine
- Michaela Fenix, a veteran food writer and researcher
- Myrna Segismundo, executive chef and a culinary consultant
Join us and learn more about our regional cuisines and how you can participate in this cultural convergence! A registration fee of Php 4,000.00/person (VAT Inc) will include refreshments, a kit, and a Certificate of Participation signed by all the speakers.
Students’ rate is at Php 2,800.00/person (VAT Ex) which will also include refreshments and Certificate of Participation signed by all speakers. A valid school ID is required for registration.
Promo rates apply for a group of 5 at Php 12, 600 for students (VAT Ex) and Php 18, 000 for Professionals (Vat Ex).
To register, you may reach us via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (02) 352.31.87, (02) 927.72.08, (02) 927.62.06 or 0906.385.9213. You may also visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/strameventsinc.com