Marriott Manila is securing its position to be the premiere meeting destination in the country, as it officially opens the Marriott Grand Ballroom – Philippines’ largest ballroom, a first of its kind facility that will redefine the Philippine MICE Industry (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions). This new architectural marvel offers a total 8,000 square meters of function space with 28 versatile meeting space including 6 VIP sky boxes. A blank canvas perfect for small or large meetings, all types of celebrations and grand events from product launches to concerts. With the addition of the Marriott Grand Ballroom, the hotel offers a total of 10,000 square meters of function space, by far the biggest in the Philippine hotel industry.
The Philippines’ largest hotel grand ballroom
The main ballroom boasts of 3,000 sqm of pillarless venue that can easily accommodate 4,000 guests for cocktails and 2,500 for banquet set-up. This massive venue can be subdivided into four sections and features state of the art technology, including the only ballroom that uses SkyFold Technology – vertical folding partitions that comes from the ceiling, and 176 Programmable Pillow Ceiling Lights that changes to 360 colors and can adjust the ceiling height from 12 meters to 10 meters for a more intimate gathering – another first in the Philippines. These hi-tech features can be operated at a push of a button. Also intended for an exhibition space, each segment of the ballroom features 9 utility boxes that provide event suppliers with data, internet, water and even drainage. There are also catwalks and high steel platform structure to give flexibility to design and easy access for lighting effects or hanging decorations. To cater to event attendees, there are1,505 underground parking spaces across six basement levels, . Truly, the Grand Ballroom is any event organizer or attendee’s dream come true.
Perfect fit for weddings
Set to be the country’s most prestigious address for social events. With opulent space, incomparable state of the art technology, glamourous photo venue, elegant bridal suites with private gardens, versatile ceremonial halls, and impeccable service, the Marriott Grand Ballroom promises the perfect setting in making every moment unforgettable. Match it with comprehensive packages to suit the most extravagant affairs to intimate celebrations. Each celebration will be remembered for its unsurpassed grandeur and flawless execution. Any dream-wedding fantasy can be turned into an unforgettable reality.
Elegance meets functionality
The abundant space of the Marriott Grand Ballroom was designed by international hospitality firm professionals Gettys Group. Overall concept of the design is “Bayanihan” a Filipino term for the community spirit – a representation of the Marriott Grand Ballroom as a source of local pride, a symbol of unity and celebration. Its modern and sleek design are accentuated with a touch of Filipino heritage which is evident with the lighted bamboo statement piece at the lobby, complemented with customized pieces by renowned Filipino furniture designer Kenneth Cobunpue. More intricate details depict the local arts and cultures, inspired from indigenous colors and materials, even traditional dance showcasing spatial flow and movement. See these interpretations curved walls, slated wood ceilings, accent pieces and fabrics in different hues of brown and warm colors, tropical plant decors and curved wall inspirations.
Technology at its Finest
The Marriott Grand Ballroom boasts of world class technology that will raise the standard in meetings and deliver unrivaled event experience.
- Skyfold Technology, the Marriott Grand Ballroom has a truly sophisticated engineered designed Operable Wall System.
– Outstanding acoustic performance
– Room configuration changed in minutes
– Retracts quietly and effortlessly
– Folded vertically and stored in the ceiling
– Seals are internal and soundproof
– No unsightly Wall or floor tracks
– No unsightly side pocket doors
– No visible hinges or hardware
- Professional High Steel Platform and Catwalk Structure is a Production Dream System. The Grand Ballroom has four sections with the same technology integrated in each section.
– Designed system starts at the top of the meeting space rather than the bottom.
– Four (4) High Steel Platforms are suspended by Four (4) 1- Ton Chain Motor Hoists in each section.
– Sixteen (16) Platforms to allow for High Performance Rigging
– Sixty Four (64) 1-Ton Chain Motor Hoists to give any production the flexibility to design and install the dream event
– Full Catwalk Structure around the perimeter of each section to allow for easy access in managing any event or venue.
- Lighting system specially designed to offer guests with multiple scenes at the touch of a button.
– Four (4) independent lighting systems built into this high tech infrastructure to include the RGB+A
LED Flex Strip Lighting features
– Pillow ceiling lights – color programed
– Cove lighting around the perimeter of each section with full color programing
– Adjustable motorized down lights to give illumination where it is desired
– Fixed down lights between the pillow
The Modern Art Statement
For an added touch of elegance, Marriott Manila commissioned Hong Kong based Art Consultant and International Interior Decorator Anja Silling of Melange Intertiors Ltd, to create a luxurious ambience through modern art pieces. Among her other prestigious clients include several Marriott properties, such as The Ritz Carlton Hotel Moscow, Russia and The Marriott Vacation Club in Macau, China. And other International Luxury Hotel Projects, Luxury Residences, Corporate and Private Clients.
The Marriott Grand Ballroom houses over a hundred pieces of modern art featuring a mix of local established Philippine artists and International artists as well as custom-made works from Melange Studio. All artworks reflect Philippine culture blended with Marriott International art concept that can be seen through statement pieces such as floral mood wall relief specially made by Melange, timeless works by Tony Twigg an Australian artist with strong Filipino influences, art installations by Filipina sculptor Impy Pilapil, and Filipino contemporary artist Roberto Robles.
New dining destinations
In addition to the function spaces, there are also 3 exciting dining hot spots.
Crema is an upscale gourmet coffee shop that offers a sophisticated ambiance perfect for short meetings, a quiet read or a quick break. Grab a cup of any of Crema’s premium coffee creations or Felchin’s hot chocolate and pair with its local signature, the macapuno egg tart. If you are opting for something cold, house blend smoothies and homemade yogurt are definitely a must try.
Mian, this modern Asian noodle bar offers refined and unique noodle dishes fired in an open kitchen. Whether you are looking for a traditional fare or with a twist of something new, stir fried or soup, dine-in or take-out, Mian’s menu offers a variety of tempting selections to sink your chopsticks into, even include dumplings, rice bowls and desserts.
Allegro an innovative deli that serves up a fresh approach on quick and delicious recipes on the go, take your pick with creative items such as maki sushi rolls, cheese tarts, dessert jars, gourmet salads and chilled sandwiches. Relish every bite with specially crafted beverages to go with every meal.
Safety and Security Features
- Security Bollards, Raise Barriers and Boom Gates along the perimeter areas
- All doors and windows are equipped with blast film
- 597 CCTV Cameras with 30 days minimum retention at 14 FPS (Frames Per Second)
- X-Ray Machines at all entrances
- Walk Through Metal Detectors at all entrances
- Smoke Evacuation System
- Automatic Air Pressurization System
- Digital Fire Alarm System
- Electronic duress and intrusion alarm system
- Rollers to absorb tremors
Breathe new life into meetings, milestones and events at the Marriott Grand Balloom. For inquiries and bookings call (02)9889999 or visit manilamarriott.com. To join ongoing conversations, like Facebook.com/Marriotthotelmanila, follow @marriottmanila on Twitter and @manilamarriott on Instagram.