I swear! The places I discover around the Philippines never cease to amaze me! Thanks to our friends from BUYanihan.com, we again found another awesometacular place that you should definitely check out!
We visited this hidden wonder, a huge hole in the wall place called “The Collective” in Makati. This very cool and artistic place reminded me of the other artsy fartsy place called Cubao X. Of course, The Collective had it’s own unique style, art and personality of it’s own. From costume shops, to bicycle refurbishing stores, long board specialists, funky clothing retailers, yummy restaurants and the sweetest dessert boutiques, The Collective is definitely one place with a distinct collection of different types of “fun” that you need to check out!
For this week, I got to see one of the wine / dessert / coffee shops at The Collective called Good Spirits.
Here’s some info about this about Good Spirits: Wine, Dessert, Coffee at The Collective:
Good Spirits is a deli where chocoholics and their non-chocoholic friends can enjoy their desserts with coffee or wine. A place where the impossible is possible.
Perfect place to while away your mornings and afternoons – – read a book, study, surf the Internet, conduct meetings. Evenings are great for wining and dining.
Good Spirits: Wine, Desserts, Coffee is located in an artsy place called The Collective in Makati City‘s bustling San Antonio Village. Good Spirits is rapidly gaining popularity among companies looking for non-conventional sites where they can host corporate events. Also perfect for holding family/kiddie celebrations and cozy get-togethers.
Eating here is like dining at home with Mom and Grandma, relaxed, contented and satiated. Who wouldn’t with a menu that includes the following:
- home baked meatloaf with rice topped with cheese sauce
- beef sirloin that’s been slowly cooked with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. This is their version of Mechado-fusion
- Twice cooked pork belly adobo with lots of garlic, served with rice
- Ground pork with tomato and basil sauce topped with melted cheese, served with rice
- Chicken casserole (their version of the chicken pastel with chorizo in white sauce)
- Chicken Cacciatore, an Italian dish cooked the Filipino way. This is chicken thighs with olives, tomatoes and mushrooms slowly simmered. Served with rice
- Chicken in wine sauce – chicken thighs cooked slowly with cheese and white wine
- Baked macaroni – everyone’s favorite – cooked just the way you like it. Choose the toppings from pepperoni, bacon, tuna, or just cheese)
The cakes and pastries by Mitchelle’s Sweet Kiss are a major part of the deli’s appeal. It’s where those who want to indulge their cake addiction can go to, because the specialty cakes and pastries are prepared with love and passion. Apart from Mitchelle’s heavenly kamasutra cake, special mention must be made of the chocolate fondue good for 2 to 3 persons, served with marshmallows, bread sticks and fruit of the day.
Diners who prefer to eat their cakes and desserts with hot steaming coffee are welcome to concoct their own coffee. They can spice it with chocolate, brandy and rhum.
Of course, they serve shakes (seasonal fruits), and juices. Take note, they have Sarsaparilla Float, the traditional sarsaparilla with vanilla ice cream. The term sarsaparilla alone evokes memories of family and home (like mom, dad and the doting grannies)!
Last but not least, ice cream cakes are coming soon!
Good Spirits is all about experiencing and living the good stuff. As the name suggests, it is about being happy and positive.
Do check them out this week as our friends from BUYanihan.com have been able to get you an offer that you can’t refuse!
Check out BUYanihan.com this week only to get the chance to try Good Spirit’s “Kamasutra Cake” at 50% off! Great for you, or to use as presents for Christmas! 50% off! Only P75 for a moist, luscious Kamasutra Cake from Good Spirits The Collective (P150 value). Timely for Xmas gift-giving!
- Wrapped in dark Belgian chocolate icing and decorated with chocolatey-gold buttons
- Work-of-art-Kamasutra cakes perfect for corporate giveaways and self-gifts (you deserve a yummy treat)
- Store hours: 11:00 am – 12:00mn (Sun-Wed) and 11:00 am – 2:00am (Thu-Sat)
- For custom order and cake reservations, call 09178915477 or 02-7220862. Look for Mitch
When In Manila, do check out this artsy fartsy place called “The Collective” to get yourself some unique experiences in the Avant Garde world of creativity! Be sure to check out Good Spirits: Wine, Desserts, Coffee to have a relaxing afternoon or night. Oh and of course, check out BUYanihan.com to get the best deals in and around the Metro!
Oh oh, and while you’re there at The Collective, check out this other place we reviewed called: Pasta Box: Healthy, Local, Creative, Pasta Bar – http://www.wheninmanila.com/healthy-local-creative-noodle-bar-pasta-box-at-the-collective-in-makati/
Good Spirits – Wine Desserts Coffee
The Collective, 7274 Malugay cor. Mayapis
San Antonio Village, Makati City
The Collective in Makati: Good Spirits’ Wine, Dessert, Coffee and Kamasutra Cake