No one brings the steady chill better than the Aussies. For the first Philippines-Australia Friendship Day, the Australian Embassy is throwing a laid-back celebration with Aussie food, fashion, and fun for everyone to enjoy.
If you are looking for a way to celebrate the end of summer with your best mates, head down to Bonifacio High Street Amphitheatre on Saturday, 20 May for the ultimate hang Aussie style.
Then here are seven ways to enjoy the festival with your best mates:
7. Show off.Your squad’s Aussie street style, that is. The summer heat is on, so make sure you and your mates are wearing comfortable casual clothing that shows style. Get inspiration from down under – throw on relaxed #CottonOnPH whites and denim to keep cool, but step it up with glitter and metallic #rubianz flats. Badge it all with general awesomeness from #TypoShop.
6. Inspire FOMO. Take heaps of photos. #Didyouknow that first known use of the word “selfie” was by an Australian in 2002? So the Aussie festival is the best place to take heaps of selfies. Get one chilling on the grass with your picnic hamper. TakeIG-worthy shots of your cup of flat white. Hashtag #healthyliving that bag of Aussie grapes and other healthy snacks. Share your summer fashion #OOTD. Show off your #bestself with the BYS and lol cosmetics selfie light. And get creative with the Star 8 electric jeepney (awesome Aussie innovation on a Philippine icon) for the #picoftheday. Post, upload, snap and stream from the festival. Don’t forget to tag #AUPhWeAreMates and #FilAussieDay.
5. Pack a picnic.Don’t forget your picnic blanket and fill up a hamper with Aussie treats. Enjoy healthy Aussie snacks and fruits while chilling on the grass. Pick up Australian wine and cheese for your picnic basket. Indulge on classic meat pies. Treat yourself to a gelato, and quench your thirst with a bottle of Aussie fruit juice or sarsaparilla.
4. Take flight. Catch the free screening of the award-winning Australian family film Paper Planes. Be inspired by the movie and take part in the paper plane competition afterward! But if you are up for the real thing, book that bucket list trip with Qantas on site or go on that life-changing road trip with Meaningful Travel.
3. Go play. Show off your genius by joining the trivia games playing throughout the day. Be a kid at heart and try your hand at lawn games from the Philippines and Australia – like thong-throwing and tumbang-preso. Or play with the grown-ups and learn touch rugby from the Philippine Rugby Football Union. Oi!Oi! Oi!
2. Rock out. Rock out to the festival’s free concert. Get loud withHalfsound, an Australian contemporary saxophone duo that pushes the boundaries of improvised music. Enjoy the fresh sound of Oh, Flamingo! that counts Australian indie artists among their influences. Cap off the night with the sound of legendary band Razorback, who may just play an AC/DC anthem or two.
1. Be part of history.Tag your mates along and film your own 10-second video during the first Friendship Day. Who knows? You might be part of the Australian Embassy’s event crowdsourced video. Be inspired with this video:
For more information, Like Australia in the Philippines on Facebook and follow the Australian Ambassador on Twitter@AusAmbPH.