The exhibit is set to run from September 9, 2016 until September 11, 2016 at the Bel-Air II, 210 Nicanor Garcia, Makati, 1209 Metro Manila.
Opening would be September 9, 2016 from 1:00pm-9:00pm and regular days would be September 10-11, 2016 from 10:00am-7:00pm. Admission is free. On September 9 and September 10, there will be an intermission song number and slam poetry, and on September 11, there will be intermission song number and artist talk.
Partibus is a Latin word for “Piyesa”, which means a piece of something bigger.
We use Partibus as our exhibit name to convey that Philippine Literature is a vital piece of the Philippines’ culture.
Partibus will have interactive artworks inspired by Philippine Literature- folktales, poems, riddles and myths. Artworks will relate Social issues in the Philippines to Philippine Literature, giving the latter a different perspective for the audience. Through artworks, Philippine literature will be given importance for the audience to feel the essence of it.
We are eight senior multimedia & arts students with different specializations such as film & animation, graphic art & studio art. Employing mathematical angles as a takeoff point, adjacent angles are two angles that have a common vertex and a common side. Just like an adjacent angle, we share common passion and one goal; Passion of arts and intention of teaching kids of Philippine Literature.
- To be able to relate Philippine Literature in current situations of the Philippines; thus bringing back the essence of it
- To be able to conduct a community oriented activity and teach other kids about Philippine Literature
- To preserve Philippine culture specifically oral and written narratives by appropriating them through artworks and teaching activities.
- (To showcase/preserve Filipino art forms)
- To delve deeper into the true morals of Philippine Literature and utilize them as motifs for various multimedia creative outputs.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AdjacentCreatives/