The Manila Red Cross Youth will be holding its 3rd Manila RCY Academy with the theme of “PUSO, TALINO, at TAPANG.” This activity is to be held on October 14, 15, 21 and 22, 2017 at Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila, Intramuros and Quirino Grandstand. Topics for this event are Leadership Development Program, HIV and AIDS Prevention Education, Substance Abuse Prevention Education, and Pledge 25. This activity aims to provide such experiences to build up the rising leader in the students and create champions among the different high schools, colleges and university in Manila. The Leadership Development Program is an instrument to commence and uphold the relationship necessary to create leaders. Last year, Manila RCY Academy attracted over 800 student leaders.
YOUTH VOLUNTEERS’ ORIENTATION COURSE: It seeks to orient and give proper information on its participants about the Red Cross Movement, its principles, emblem, and services. Likewise, it also endeavors to draw out values on volunteerism from the participant through workshops and other activities
LEADERSHIP FORMATION COURSE: It endeavors to give its participants a venue for self-awareness, re-assessments of their values and beliefs, and formation of leadership ideas suited for the organization
BASIC LEADERSHIP TRAINING: It undertakes the synthesis of the first two trainings and tackles discusses and conducts workshops on basic leadership skills and concepts such as development and organization, team building and the concept of leadership.
HIV/AIDS PREVENTION EDUCATION (HAPE): A basic dissemination course aimed to provide proper education on the prevention of HIV and AIDS.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTIVE EDUCATION (SAPE): A basic dissemination course aimed to provide proper education on the prevention of substance abuse.
PLEDGE 25 DONOR ORIENTATION: It aims to provide basic information about Pledge 25 and Voluntary Blood Donation of the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) which focus on the importance of blood donation and the role of youth blood donors. Voluntary blood donation needs youth participation and this orientation will be a valuable source of information for potential blood donors especially for the young.
- This is open to all RCY members with the following qualifications:
- Must be 15-25 years old.
- Must be Secondary or College Students within Manila.
- Physically and mentally fit to attend Red Cross Youth activities such as Leadership Development Program, HIV and AIDS Prevention Education, Substance Abuse Prevention Education and Pledge 25 Forum
- Application form with waiver (Download here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wYUF7ASc_lneT4WD-Qm17W6pgXI9GjZgaV1xKP3wMjs/edit )
- Photocopy of Philippine Red Cross Membership ID
- For those who are not enrolled in the Membership Program of the PRC, Classic Membership is at P60.00.
- Registration fee: P150 for High school and P200.00 for Senior High and College
- Inclusions: RCY Academy Button pin, Booklet, Logistical Materials, Certificates and MVR Race bib
- Deadline for Submission: October 11, 2017, 5:00 PM at Philippine Red Cross – Manila Chapter located at Gen. Luna corner Victoria Sts., Intramuros, Manila. (NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION)
Join Manila’s BIGGEST Inter-School Leadership Development Program and IGNITE the leader in you!
Be a volunteer. Be part of Manila Red Cross Youth Family.
For more details,
Manila RCY Official: https://www.facebook.com/ManilaRCY/
Academy Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1888089494853114/