It’s Official: Spider-Man Will Be Staying in the MCU

Last month, netizens lost it when it was announced that Spider-Man was leaving the MCU because Marvel and Sony Pictures could not agree on a good deal to keep their partnership going.

Well, today, things are finally starting to look up for the webbed superhero once again as a deal has finally been made. Marvel and Sony have both announced that Marvel Studios will, in fact, be producing the third Spider-Man film forthis generation and that it will still star Tom Holland as our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Hooray!

The deal was signed on Thursday with Marvel and Disney said to receive around 25% of the profits, and Disney said to retain its merchandising rights.

The film is set to show on July 16, 2021. As part of the deal, Spider-Man will also be appearing in a future Marvel Studios film.






Related Stories