With up to 7,000 new COVID-19 cases every day, the government has issued stricter GCQ protocols in Metro Manila and nearby provinces for the next two weeks.
The IATF endorsed the new regulations to be implemented from March 22, 2021 (Monday) to April 4, 2021, in Metro Manila, Rizal, Cavite, Bulacan, and Laguna.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. stated the following restrictions in the mentioned areas:
- A common curfew will be imposed from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM.
- Only individuals aged 18-56 years old will be allowed to leave their homes.
- Essential travels will be allowed in and out of the mentioned areas.
- Mass gatherings and face-to-face meetings are prohibited.
- Weddings, funeral services, and baptisms will be limited to 10 people.
- Restaurants, cafes, and establishments will be limited to take-out, deliveries, and outdoor dining.
- The operations of driving schools, cinemas, arcades, libraries, museums, and cultural centers will be suspended. Open-air tourist attractions are exempted.
- Visiting other households is strongly discouraged.
The IATF continues to recommend that local government units and private establishments enforce safety protocols.
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at email@example.com or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad!