After the sudden 2-week extension of the Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine, Metro Manila will now be under GCQ but at the highest alert level.
NCR will shift to GCQ Alert Level 4 by September 16, Thursday. This will also mark the first implementation of the granular lockdowns in a new bid to keep COVID-19 cases down while allowing more businesses to operate.
Alert Level 4 means that there is high transmission of COVID-19 and total bed and ICU utilization rates are also high.
Here is a quick overview of the guidelines for GCQ Alert Level 4:
- Persons below 18 years old and over 65 years old, persons with health risks, and pregnant women shall not be allowed outside their homes unless to obtain essential goods and services or for work in permitted industries
- Intrazonal and interzonal travel may be allowed subject to LGU regulations of the destination
- Individual outdoor exercises shall be allowed but limited within the general area of their residence (eg. within the barangay, subdivision, or village).
- Outdoor and al fresco dining will be allowed at a maximum of 30% seating capacity
- Indoor dining will be allowed at a maximum of 10% seating capacity, but only for fully vaccinated customers. Workers of food establishments must also be fully vaccinated.
- Barbershops, nail spas, and beauty salons will be allowed at a maximum of 30% seating capacity if services are conducted outdoors. If these establishments are indoors, 10% of their capacity will be allowed but only for fully vaccinated customers.
- Government agencies will operate at 20% capacity with work-from-home arrangements.
- Religious gatherings are allowed outdoors at 30% maximum seating capacity. Indoor religious gatherings will only be allowed at 10% capacity but only for fully vaccinated individuals. All religious ministers and assistants of these religious congregations must be fully vaccinated.
- Necrological services, wakes, inurnment, and funerals for those who died of causes other than COVID-19 shall be allowed for immediate family members.
- Indoor tourist attractions, entertainment venues, recreational venues, fitness studios, leisure centers, contact sports, as well as outdoor amusement parks are prohibited.
Metro Manila will be under this new lockdown scheme until September 30, 2021.
What do you think of this new lockdown scheme?
Share your thoughts with us!
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Join our Viber group to be updated with the latest news!