This 2019, The Philippine Sommelier Association, in partnership with dusitD2 The Fort, Manila as the official residence, Vintec and Cellar Solutions as the official wine preservation partners, and Schott Zwiesel distributed by Garden Barn Inc. as the official glass sponsor, will be unfolding two very momentous wine events in the Philippines – Manila Uncorked 2019, the most well-curated wine tasting experience in Manila, and the 8th Southeast Asia Sommelier Competition, the first international sommelier competition in the country with the Philippine Sommelier Association as the proud host of this significant F&B industry event.
8th Southeast Asia Sommelier Competition
Created by the Southeast Asia Sommelier Alliance which includes Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, the Philippines, and Taiwan as members of the alliance, The Southeast Asia Sommelier Competition is an annual event that brings together member countries to learn and share their knowledge and experience regarding wine and its essential role in the F&B
This coming December 6 and 7, 2019, sixteen (16) national sommelier champions who represent the best of Southeast Asia will gather in dusitD2 The Fort, Manila in Taguig City for the first time to learn, share, and compete. Presidents and directors of each countries’ sommelier associations will also be present to support their candidates. The team of judges will be headed by no other than the first Filipino Master Sommelier, Mr. Luis de Santos. Mr. de Santos will also lead the Masterclasses prior to the Finals. The competition culminates with the crowning of the Southeast Asian Sommelier Champion during Manila Uncorked 2019.
Major sponsors for the 8th Southeast Asia Sommelier Competition include Familia Torres, Marques de Casa Concha, Premium Wine Exchange, Vittorio Coffee, and Santa Vittoria Water, Evian Water and Badoit Water. Media partners: ABS-CBN, ANCX, WhenInManila.com, Metro Channel, Metro.Style.
MANILA UNCORKED 2019
On December 7, the 3nd Annual Manila Uncorked 2019, with our media partners, ABS-CBN, ANCX, WhenInManila.com, and Metro Channel, will bring together Manila’s top wine suppliers as they showcase well-curated wines with wines from around the world that will cater to every wine drinker’s needs. This year, visitors also get to taste and learn about Sake, the Japanese rice wine, that has been gaining in popularity here in the Philippines. Wine tastings that are guided by our sommeliers will run from 4 pm to 9 pm. We will also play host to a variety of wine-related activities to keep guests both entertained and informed. Our very special guest Mr. Luis de Santos, MS will also grace Manila Uncorked with his presence as we highlight his journey of becoming a Master Sommelier in the hopes of inspiring our talented local sommeliers.
In addition to wines, food is also a highlight of the event. Food booths will be showcasing delectable international cuisine: Japanese, Indian, Spanish, American, and French, with selections ranging from rice meals to sandwiches and pica-pica. Perfect to match the wines offered for tasting. Two types of tickets will be available for the tasting; regular tickets will allow the consumer to taste over 300 wines as well as sign up for any of the wine sessions happening simultaneously with the tasting. The VIP tickets allow for the same inclusions with the addition of a VIP tasting of premium wine selections, a chance to participate in the Master Class conducted by Mr. Luis de Santos, MS during the day, and a chance to participate as a food taster in the Chef Throwdown.
Major sponsors for Manila Uncorked 2019 include dusitD2 The Fort Manila as the official residence partner, Vintec and Cellar Solutions as the official wine preservation partners, Schott Zwiesel distributed by Garden Barn Inc. as the official glass sponsor, Evian Water, Badoit Water, Santa Vittoria Water, Vittorio Coffee, and media partners: ABS-CBN, ANCX, WhenInManila.com, Metro Channel, Metro.Style.
Tickets are available online at http://bit.ly/ManilaUncorked2019
Get 10% off your ticket purchase by using this exclusive WhenInManila.com discount code: WIMUncorked 2019
Win tickets for you and a friend to this event!
I. How to join:
- Go to our Facebook post of this article here.
- In the comments section of the link above, answer this question: “Which type of wine is your favorite and why?”
- Five (5) winners of two (2) tickets each will be selected via electronic raffle.
II. Contest terms and conditions:
- Entrants should be at least 18 years old or above to join.
- Entrants should own a valid ID to claim their tickets.
- This contest is open to Greater Manila residents who are willing and are capable to claim their tickets at dusitD2 The Fort BGC on Dec. 7, 2019.
- This contest will run from November 29, 2019 to 11:59PM of December 5, 2019.
- Five (5) winners will receive two (2) tickets each to Uncorked 2019 and the 8th SEA Sommelier Competition on Dec. 7, 2019. at dusitD2 The Fort BGC.
- The winners will be announced on December 6, 2019. Check back on this article then for the announcement!
- Winners will be contacted through Facebook direct message with the complete information on how to claim their prize.
- Winners will be chosen through an electronic raffle via the Facebook Contest App.
- WhenInManila.com and the Philippine Sommelier Association reserve the right to forfeit contestants violating our contest terms.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we may alter, amend, or cancel the competition without prior notice. We reserve the right to change these terms at any time.