A luxury resort in the Maldives is looking for an intern. Dubbed as the Summer In-turtle-ship Competition, the 2-week internship will be held at the Olive Ridley Project Marine Turtle Rescue Centre at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu.
The main responsibilities of the intern are to care for turtles, post content on Instagram, and learn from veterinarians.
The daily duties are:
- Feeding the turtles
- Cleaning holding tanks
- Observing surgeries and medical procedures
- Attending rescue missions to collect turtles in need
- Assisting with the release of rehabilitated turtles back into the ocean
- Interacting with guests who visit the center and giving them information on the turtles staying at the center
- Attending any Olive Ridley Project presentation evenings
- Posting on the Olive Ridley Project’s social media platforms, to update on your personal progress and show a behind-the-scenes look of the Rescue Centre
Although it is not a paid internship, the intern will enjoy free flights, accommodation, and food during the program.
The chosen intern will stay at the Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu resort. He or she will also enjoy full board benefits, including meals at Coco Palm’s Cowrie restaurant, where breakfast, lunch, and dinner are a buffet of Maldivian cuisine.
Additionally, the intern will experience exciting activities available to guests of the resort. These include a sunset cruise, diving, dolphin watching, and a guided group snorkeling trip in the stunning Baa Atoll.
Interested? To submit your application, you need to send a 2 to 3-minute video and a 500-word cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the role. Applicants do not need to have previous experience, but they must be over the age of 18 years and keen to work in a related field.
You can also check the details here.