A chocolate chip cookie can come in different forms. And just as there are many different versions out there, there are just as many recipes to create these indulgent treats.
Enter M Bakery, a bakeshop that’s famous for its classic American baked goods and desserts. Established in New York City, M Bakery offers cupcakes, their bestselling Banana Pudding, and several cakes and cookies. Although it has already set base in Manila (particularly in BGC) and has even reopened for deliveries, though, not everyone can get a hold of their wares.
Not to worry, cookie monsters! M Bakery just dropped an exclusive recipe for everyone to try. Now, you can make your own M Bakery-style cookies from the comforts of your own home.
M Bakery Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe
Ingredients (makes about 24 cookies)
- 2 and 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup (or 1 stick and 2 Tbsp) of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups of light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (or high-quality chocolate chunks from a bar)
- In a small bowl, whisk your dry ingredients together: flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars for 2 minutes on medium speed. Scrape down the sides and bottom, and then continue on until light and fluffy for another 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add your eggs one at a time while mixing. Pour in the vanilla extract, and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Lower the mixer speed, and gradually add in your dry ingredients. Keep mixing until fully incorporated, but do not overmix.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, and fold in the chocolate chunks using a rubber spatula until combined.
- Use a #40 one-ounce cookie scoop and portion the dough into 24 balls. Carefully place them on a baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or even overnight.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take out the balls from the fridge and let them sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Arrange them evenly on the baking sheet, and gently press the top to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. When done, let the cookies sit on the pan for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack. Let them cool completely, and serve. Enjoy!
What other cookie recipes do you want to see from us? Let us know in the comments!
(Cover photo from M Bakery Philippines)
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad and join us on Viber where we share our stories and more!