One of those classic Christmas songs we all are familiar with is White Christmas by Bing Crosby. Remember? It goes like this: “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas just like the one I used to know….” I love this song, except that I have never seen snow a.k.a a “White Christmas” in my entire life! I know many Filipinos share the same sentiment with me, and can probably relate when I say—to see and feel snow would be a dream.
Luckily, Filipinos can now experience White Christmas without having to fly out of the country, and see snow right here in the heart of Manila! Last December 14th, the coolest (literally) place in Manila opened, making our snowy dreams come true.
Resorts World Manila brings us ICE, a quaint winter village-inspired attraction with sub-zero temperature that’s as cold as Alaskan winter. ICE features a country cabin, frozen pond, some reindeer, penguins, a snowman, and, of course, snow!
ICE’s freezing temperature can go as low as -10 to -15 degrees Celsius, so make sure you’re wearing your best winter wear for you to properly enjoy your visit. This is something I should have thought of before seeing the newest attraction of Resorts World Manila. As a Filipina, I am always comfortable wearing shorts and, to be fair, it was a pretty warm day during the morning so I thought “Meh. What’s a few minutes of experiencing -10 degrees anyway?” But when I saw people’s reactions as they were exiting ICE, I realized that it really was going to be freezing! Good thing I had my trusted friend who brought winter clothes for me.
If you ever plan to visit ICE with your friends or family, make sure you bring proper attire that will keep you warm. Because the moment we stepped in ICE, our noses froze! So come prepared! If you haven’t got winter boots though, worry not because a protective footwear will be given upon entry to make sure your kicks won’t break and that you don’t slip while you’re having fun.
To enter ICE, guests should only present a P1,000 worth of single of accumulated receipts for non-RWM members, and P500 worth of receipts for RWM members. Meanwhile, entrance is FREE for RWM members who use the ICE coupon from the RWM Mobile App and for RWM Gold members and up.
For further info, you can read ICE’s full terms and conditions here:
- ICE at Lumina is open to Resorts World Manila (RWM) guests who are 3 years old and above.
- Entrance of ICE at Lumina is free for the following:
a) RWM members who use the ICE coupon from the RWM Mobile App
b) RWM Gold members and up
- Guests may also present single or accumulated receipt/s from participating RWM signature restaurants or Newport Mall outlets:
a) Php 500 for RWM member (one person entry)
b) Php 1,000 for non-member (one person entry)
- Receipts must be dated from December 10, 2018 to January 31, 2019.
- Guests must present the RWM Mobile App coupon on the receipt/s at the ICE at Lumina entrance.
- Guests must bring their own winter attire, appropriate for -10 to -15 degrees celsius.
- For safety reasons, ICE at Lumina is not open to PWDs.
- Entry into ICE at Lumina is limited to 15 guests at a time, for a maximum period of 10 minutes only.
- RWM reserves to modify the ICE at Lumina terms and conditions without prior notice.
- In case of disputes, the decision of RWM is final.
Visit ICE at Lumina, located at the 2nd floor of Resorts World Manila from December 14, 2018 to January 31, 2019. Hope you have fun as much as I did! Don’t forget to tell us about your experience in the comments section!
ICE at Lumina by Resorts World Manila
Resorts World Manila, Newport Blvd, Newport City, Pasay, 1309 Metro Manila