Tag your pet-parent friends now! The Philippine Pet Birth Control Center (PPBCC) has just announced that it is offering FREE Spay/Neuter for 500 pets on Sunday on a first-come, first-served basis. Cats must be at least four months old and dogs at least six months old.
The doors will open at 7:00 am. The free spay/neuter will take place at the covered court beside the PPBC clinic (155 Boni Avenue, Barangay Plainview, Mandaluyong City, Tel +639778777222 | +632 949 5941).
It’s ok if you’re not from Mandaluyong. This is open for all but take note that only the first 500 pets will be accommodated. So I suggest you come on the dot or earlier. It is recommended that your pets fast for eight hours before the operation.
Why should you spay/neuter your pets?
- Spayed/Neutered pets no longer have the urge to mat, causing them to roam.
- They will no longer feel like spraying the house with strong-smelling urine, which is their way of marking their territory.
- They are less likely to become aggressive
- They are less likely to develop a number of diseases.
- They will no longer be at risk for ovarian and uterine infection or cancer and testicular tumors.
- They will live three to five years longer, as studies have shown.
In a nutshell, spayed/neutered pets are happier and healthier–which makes you the pet parent happier and healthier as well!
Spaying/neutering your pet is also good for the community as this will help control the pet population. As we all know, there are hundreds of abandoned and abused pets in the world, which is an offshoot of the overbreeding of pets. By spaying/neutering your pet, you become part of the solution.
How to help
Inspired by PPBCC’s advocacy? The free spay/neuter is PPBCC’s way of thanking everyone for all the support. For months, the pet birth control organization has been conducting spay/neuter outreach missions all over the Philippines. It gets its funding and other forms of support from donors and volunteers.
You can also help by volunteering or sponsoring the spay/neuter of an animal or two. Here are PPBCC’s bank account details.
What a nice early Christmas gift for yourself and for your pets, don’t you think so? Comment below!