With over 7,000 islands in our country, we surely won’t run out of places to discover, beaches to swim, mountains to hike, churches to visit and sceneries to appreciate
But if you’re still undecided on your next travel destination, this video of a barkada exploring the beautiful Canigao Island in Leyte will help you make up your mind.
No worries, guys! Rocky Fabilane, the producer of the travel video, shared with us how to go to Canigao Island.
“Go to Tacloban City, Leyte through plane or ship. At any point within Tacloban City, ride a vehicle going to New Bus Terminal. Look for a van with a signboard “Maasin or Maasin City”. Inform the driver the driver that you will go to Canigao Island in the Municipality of Matalom. Once you have arrived, ask the locals where to find the port/pier area. This is where you pay the entrance fee, boat fee, tent, and cottage fee, etc. Travel time usually takes around 10 to 20 minutes.”
The team also mentioned that the van fare is around 200 to 220 pesos, while the boat fee is only 45 to 55 pesos. Yup, kaya ng budget!
Here are more additional tips from Rocky:
- Maintain cleanliness at all times to preserve the beauty of the island.
- They don’t have available snorkeling gears. If you want to swim with the fishes and view the corals, you should bring a gear with you.
- Bring your own food or you can try to ask the locals for cooked meals.
- Travel with a thick blanket especially during rainy season when the wind is really cold.
- Apply insect repellent to prevent mosquitoes from bugging you.
Looks like you and your friends have an island to go to this summer! Bawal ang drawing!
Tag your barkada in the comments.