Newly-elected Quezon City First District Congressman Arjo Atayde spared no time getting to work on his first day in office. In an Instagram post that he shared on July 1, he revealed to friends, followers, and his constituents that he has already filed his first six bills.
They are as follows:
- House Bill 457, an act declaring Quezon City as the “Film and Television capital of the Philippines”;
- House Bill 458, an act upgrading the Quezon City General Hospital into the Quezon City General Hospital and Medical Center;
- House Bill 459, also known as “The Eddie Garcia Bill,” an act providing for occupational safety and health standards for workers and talents in the movie and TV industry;
- House Bill 460, also known as “Anti-SOGIE Discrimination Bill,” an act prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression;
- House Bill 461, an act providing for the magna carta of barangay health workers; and
- House Bill 462, an act establishing the Philippine Virology Science and Technology Institute.
“Filed my first 6 bills in Congress and attended an alignment meeting with the mother of QC [Mayor Joy Belmonte.] Thank you, once again, D1 QC for putting your faith and trust in me,” wrote the award-winning actor in his post.
“Looking forward to serving you for the next 3 years. I promise that I won’t stop learning and I won’t stop working.”
Many netizens and colleagues from the showbiz industry lauded Arjo for his dedication to his job.
(ALSO READ: Arjo Atayde Launches Own Production House)
What are your thoughts on this? Share them in the comments below!
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message on WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad! Get the latest news about the Philippine Entertainment industry and join the WIM Showbiz Facebook group! We also share our stories on Viber, join us!