Acclaimed US Jazz saxophonist and songwriter Kamasi Washington announced his first Manila concert. As part of his Asia tour, “Kamasi Washington in Manila” will take place at the SM City North EDSA on September 11.
Image: Kamasi Washington via Jazziz Magazine
As the modern powerhouse of jazz, Washington first garnered mainstream recognition for his work on Kendrick Lamar’s 2015 album,To Pimp A Butterfly. Known for his explosive rhythms, soul, and intricate solos, his live performances are praised for its creativity and mastery of instrumental harmonies. He has collaborated with other musicians, including Snoop Dogg, John Legend, and Herbie Hancock, and performed at world’s leading festivals including Coachella, Glastonbury, Fuji Rock, Bonnaroo, and Primavera.
Kamasi Washington’s Asia Tour Dates
- August 28: Mumbai (Mumbai Opera House)
- August 29: New Delhi (Auro, Kitchen & Bar)
- August 1: Tokyo (Tokyo Jazz Festival)
- September 2: Tokyo (LIQUIDROOM)
- September 3: Osaka (Billboard Live Osaka)
- September 4: Osaka (Billboard Live Osaka)
- September 6: Hong Kong (AC Hall)
- September 7: Taipei (Legacy)
- September 9: Seoul (Yes24 LiveHall)
- September 11: Manila (SM City North EDSA)
- September 13: Shanghai (Blue Note Shanghai)
- September 14: Beijing (Blue Note Beijing)
- September 15: Beijing (Blue Note Beijing)
Tickets to “Kamasi Washington in Manila” can be purchased at https://mmt.fans/NvJn/. Washington’s Manila concert is presented by MyMusicTaste, an online service that brings together music fans to request their favorite artist’s concert. Further information about the concert can be found on https://mmt.fans/NV8u/ and MyMusicTaste’s social media channels.