View this post on Instagram
Remember when we got lost looking for ramen, shrines, and toriis in Fukuoka? @marletds . . . . . . . . #amazingtrips #tripstagram #igjapan #travelshots #nihon #prettylittletrips #travelstagram #japanstyle #pics_jp #art_of_japan_ #team_jp_西 #photo_jpn #カメラ男子 #箱根 #日本 #東京 #新宿 #いいね返し #六本木 #よる #夜 #光 #旅 #ファインダー越しの私の世界 #japan #igersjp #bestjapanpics
Japan Airlines Co. Ltd. (JAL) will be giving away at least 50,000 free domestic round-trip flights to foreign visitors of the country during the Tokyo Olympics.
Since Japan is expecting a huge influx of foreign travelers this coming summer as Tokyo hosts the Summer Olympics, JAL wants to help boost tourism in the country with these free domestic tickets as there’s more to see in Japan than just its capital.
In a statement, JAL announced the upcoming launch of the “Win a Trip with JAL” campaign for international visitors to Japan in Summer 2020 “to enable them to experience regional attractions using JAL domestic flights.”
The target date for the launch of the campaign is late-February, but the schedule is still subject to change.
“The campaign is part of the ‘Your Japan 2020 Campaign’ to be launched in 2020 by the Japan Tourism Agency and the Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO),” JAL said.
The travel period is on July 1, 2020 (Wed) to September 30 (Wed). The service is available only to visitors to Japan between June 1, 2020 (Mon) and October 31 (Sat).
“Win a Trip with JAL will invite international visitors to trips aboard JAL domestic flights to regional destinations in Japan,” it said.
There’s one huge catch though, which is perfect for spontaneous travelers. While the round-trip tickets will all connect to Haneda, Kansai, or Chitose, those who get the tickets don’t choose the destination. The domestic destination of the round-trip tickets is up to JAL, which is hoping that the program will encourage travel to less-publicized parts of Japan. Still, with each part of Japan having its own unique charm, this is an amazingly generous offer and is an incredibly reasonable way to see more than just Tokyo this summer.
Notes to qualify:
- There is a limit on the number of applications per day.
- There is a limit on the number of new searches per day.
- Passengers must be JMB members. (Overseas Region members only)
- The residence must be outside of Japan. Passenger must hold a passport issued by a country other than Japan, or a Japanese passport holder with the right of permanent residence of a country other than Japan.
- When boarding, you may be asked to present proof that you visited Japan during the specified period (such as a copy of an international flight ticket or eTicket, etc.).
- Flights depart from / return to Tokyo (Haneda) and Osaka (Itami / Kansai) only.
- You cannot apply again if you cancel (for personal reasons) after the application is complete.
- There are a limited number of seats available for Win a Trip with JAL, so in some cases, no destinations will be shown.
Which part of Japan would you want to see with these free domestic tickets?
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at email@example.com or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad!