The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) has released a job order for 1,000 Pinoy hotel housekeepers to work in Israel. Its original deadline was last October 31 but was extended to November 8.
POEA administrator Bernard Olalia has assured that the requirements and application are “easy”. The qualifications are as follows:
- Must Be A Filipino citizen
- Has competently passed TESDA assessment and certification and has acquired National Certificate Level 2 (NCII) on housekeeping
- At least 25 years of age
- Never previously worked in Israel
- Does not have parents, a spouse or children currently working or residing in Israel
- Has NBI clearance
- Is physically and mentally healthy — does not suffer from diseases of from chronic medical conditions including (but not limited to) tuberculosis, hepatitis, syphilis, gonorrhea, and AIDS; and is capable of physically demanding hotel housekeeping work
- Declares that he/she is diligent, service oriented, pays attention to details and has a polite manner
- Has good English language skills
Interested applicants may register online at eservices.poea.gov.ph. 75% of the qualified applicants in the final database will be randomly selected to work in Israel.
The governments of Israel and the Philippines have agreed to only conduct the recruitment and deployment of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) through the POEA. As such, no recruitment fees will be applied but selected applicants will be responsible for their own airfare and processing fees.
Do you have anything to add to this story?
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at email@example.com or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad!