IMPRESSIONS: A Perfect 10 Menu as Acclaimed by Asia Tatler Dining
Perfect 10 rating from Asia Tatler Dining
Impressions has gained yet another award. It has been named as one of Philippine’s BEST restaurants of 2012 by the prestigious Asia Tatler Dining – “Amazing cuisine and impeccable service combine under the Chef Cyrille Soenen for your extreme dining pleasure.” To celebrate, Impressions is offering 10 of its highly sought-after dishes in a special degustation menu for only Php 2,000++/GP 2,000++. This special feast will only be available from October 15 – November 15, 2012 so better call and make your reservations in advance to secure a table 🙂
IMPRESSIONS Restaurant Manager, Dennis Dy and Executive Chef, Cyrille Soenen
Chef Cyrille is not big on too many ingredients being used in one dish because it might be difficult for the guest to know where they are. He wants to focus more on the main item and let the guest enjoy the freshness of the food. Rest assured, the dishes that he serves are of the best quality and taste. No wonder Impressions is among the best of the best restaurants in the Philippines.
Impressions’s Perfect 10 menu was superb! This is your chance to taste all of the bestsellers. I don’t think any words can justify this sumptuous delight so I will just let the pictures regale you 🙂
I started with my favorite walnut bread with Impressions’s creamy butter, fruity white wine and an amuse bouche of asparagus spear with herring caviar.
Salmon Duo | Crab Salad
Impressions’s Appetizer trio sampler:
– Crab with Romaine Salad, Celery, Green Beans and Green Apples Tossed in Truffle Mayonnaise Dressing (I loved the lightness of the flavor and the crunchy texture of the greens)
– Duo of Salmon “Demi Deuil” : Marinated Salmon with Truffle Sauce and Smoked Salmon with Herring Caviar, Green Pea Hummus and Truffle Mayonnaise (Easily the crowd favorite. They even smoke their own salmon here in Impressions!)
– Beef Carpaccio, Arugula Salad with Parmesan Cheese and Dijonnaise Sauce (My personal favorite. I enjoyed every single thin slice of beef – sooo good)
Duck Liver Terrine
Pan-Seared Duck Liver
Foie Gras Salad Galore – Highlight of my Impressions’s Perfect 10 Dinner Feast
– Terrine of Duck Liver Medoc with Mesclun Salad and Beetroot Foam
– Duck Liver Terrine de Foie Gras de Canard, Grilled Eel
– Seared and Lacquered Duck Liver, Mango Rougail Roll in a Crepe with Plum Sauce (I love the combination of the ripe and green mangoes. These complemented the richness of the foie gras. And the sauce + roll somehow made it taste like peking duck 🙂 YUMMEH!)
Veal Sweetbread with Risotto | Steamed Cod Fish
– Veal Sweetbread with Truffle Risotto and Porcini in Parsley Cream Sauce (If you haven’t tried veal sweetbread, only one of the most valued part of a young cattle, this is your chance to know what it tastes like and understand why it is a favorite among chefs all over the world)
– Steamed Cod Fish, Crumble of Chorizo with Ginger and Lemongrass Emulsion
For this special dinner, Chef Cyrille gave us mignardises composed of hazelnut chocolates, passionfruit pastille (MUST TRY) and orange macarons. It was like having a plate of dessert before our real dessert 🙂
Dark Chocolate Souffle
Heavenly Desserts at Impressions
Heavenly is an understatement – if you want to experience pure bliss, you have to try at least one of these amazing creations:
– Strawberry/Mixed Berry Tiramisu
– Dark Chocolate Soufflé with Coconut Crème Anglaise (I had to take a moment of silence to fully appreciate the richness and flavor of this gift from the gods).
Impressions’s “A PERFECT 10 FEAST” – the special menu will be available from October 15 – November 15, 2012 only.
Impressions’s cozy ambiance and 2,000 capacity wine cellar
Aside from the special degustation Perfect 10 menu, you should also watch out for the WINE and CHEESE night every month (usually every 2nd Tuesday of the month) wherein an extensive buffet selection of cheeses is presented and paired with a lovely wine. Another event is the WINE DINNER night (every last Thursday of the month) that consists of a six-course menu. Furthermore, every Sunday is family day at Impressions. Sunday brunch is still available every weekend – complete with the prime ribs, huge scallops, caviars, foie gras, etc.
Bloggers, Resorts World Manila Management and Chef Cyrille Soenen of Impressions
WHEN IN MANILA, France is just a short drive away. Bring your date, friends or the whole family at Resorts World Manila and dine at Impressions. Enjoy beautiful food in your plate, fantastic ambiance and awesome French dining experience at a very reasonable price.
IMPRESSIONS French Dining Restaurant
Maxims Hotel, Resorts World Manila
Reservations Hotline: 908-8883
Sundays: 11:00am–3:00pm | 6:00 pm-12:00 mn (dinner ala carte)